Fitting beadlocks rims on a disc brake 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello I have a set of 80 series axles big brakes FF rear so I'm assuming 94+ anyways I'm wanting to run raceline or method beadlocks, my predicament is I have no stock wheels or anything else to check clearances with and the axles are completely stripped down to nothing.

So I'm wondering which model will fit specifically a beadlock from these brands I will be running 17x9.5 preferably or any insight will be very helpful

Are these going on an 80?
Size lift and tires planned?

17" should clear calipers
3.75-4.5"" bs is the sweet spot. 4.5 is stock

Define big brake? Custom Calipers? If you're using the stock size brake calipers the original wheels are 16"x 8" w/ 4.5" BS.. So it you're running 17's you should be fine.

17x9.5 Racelines fit just fine.

These are not going on an 80, they are going on a BJ42 with a hybrid 9.5/80 series front axle with hellfire knuckles and stock trussed rear 80 series FF axle. Link suspension with ORI struts. It will be running 40" tires.

I was told to grab these axles because this year had bigger brakes.

I need to know about wheels now because I need to setup the links and I have to figure out clearances with links while steering etc.

These are not going on an 80, they are going on a BJ42 with a hybrid 9.5/80 series front axle with hellfire knuckles and stock trussed rear 80 series FF axle. Link suspension with ORI struts. It will be running 40" tires.

I was told to grab these axles because this year had bigger brakes.

I need to know about wheels now because I need to setup the links and I have to figure out clearances with links while steering etc.
Uh, yeah. So like, as said, the stock wheel was a 16" rim. Pretty much any 17 will fit fine. Good luck

I'm more worried about backspacing I'm pretty sure when I tried my 17x8 with 4.25 BS pro comp steel rims rubbed before I tore these axles apart calipers stick out quite abit

I'm more worried about backspacing I'm pretty sure when I tried my 17x8 with 4.25 BS pro comp steel rims rubbed before I tore these axles apart calipers stick out quite abit
I doubt those wheels would rub.

Again, 17x9.5 Racelines fit just fine. So do 17x8 Racelines. Half of our group is running Racelines, on a variety of rigs all with 80 series rears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom