Fishing around the isle of palms...need some local input (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dohcdelsol93

snoogans
Threads
I'll be down on the island all next week and we will be doing some fishing.

Looking for local hints/tips.

whats running and what are they hitting on and where?

Will be doing some costal/innercostal fishing between kayaks and a center console.

oh and if you guys need any mudship on items to the upstate next week is a good time to meet up with me!!!

i'm still undecided on what vehicle we are taking down so if you have larger items let me know ahead of time it will possibly help my wife and i decide between the cruiser or pilot.

David you got all my F parts off the motor? Maybe we could get them too me this way.

He's at scout camp. Were there any specific parts that you need asap? I can try to get them together for you.

I'll be down on the island all next week and we will be doing some fishing.

Looking for local hints/tips.

whats running and what are they hitting on and where?

Will be doing some costal/innercostal fishing between kayaks and a center console.

oh and if you guys need any mudship on items to the upstate next week is a good time to meet up with me!!!

I haven't been fishing lately but I grew up here. Always good surf fishing near Ft. Moultrie (shrimp and mud minnows) I usualy use a "slider rig". Lots of flounder and such.

The inlet between Sullivan's and IOP is pretty good, just watch the current.

Between Dewee's and IOP there is a deep hole on the intercoastal side that always has alot of sharks.

There is also alot of good fishing behind Goat Island. Watch the tide though it gets a little shallow. Best place to go in is at the tip of the island near the IOP connector.

He's at scout camp. Were there any specific parts that you need asap? I can try to get them together for you.

Nah. Just thought if we could ship some stuff back this might be an opportunity.

I haven't been fishing lately but I grew up here. Always good surf fishing near Ft. Moultrie (shrimp and mud minnows) I usualy use a "slider rig". Lots of flounder and such.

The inlet between Sullivan's and IOP is pretty good, just watch the current.

Between Dewee's and IOP there is a deep hole on the intercoastal side that always has alot of sharks.

There is also alot of good fishing behind Goat Island. Watch the tide though it gets a little shallow. Best place to go in is at the tip of the island near the IOP connector.

thanks dude.

and marshall...i'll PM you my phone number. If you can arrange the parts together share my info with scott/david and i'll meet up with them. Just let me know before sat night what size parts there are so i can pack accordinly.

Sounds good to me. I wasn't in the loop when you worked out the details with David. I have been putting all the spare parts aside for you. We are not near where I would like to be with the swap but I have been working 6 days a week and David has been busy to.I knew you wanted the spare parts just not which ones. Just let me know what parts you need first and that he can easily transport and I'll get them together.

Be VERY careful of Breeches inlet. Many people have drowned there. On the other hand there is a creek on the other side that has many docks. It's the same creek the The Boathouse restaurant is on. I have caught many reds there and they are running good right now. Also, since you are in a Kayak I would hit the grass at higher tides. I use to kayak fish a lot and I loved getting in the grass and looking for tailing reds. Be careful though. if you do not know what to look for you can sink in the mud and possibly drown. The shorter spartina grass is what you want. the ground is more firm and you can walk it. The taller greener grass in a no no. There are a lot of creeks in that area and most hold fish.

Sounds good to me. I wasn't in the loop when you worked out the details with David. I have been putting all the spare parts aside for you. We are not near where I would like to be with the swap but I have been working 6 days a week and David has been busy to.I knew you wanted the spare parts just not which ones. Just let me know what parts you need first and that he can easily transport and I'll get them together.

I'll take everything except the block and the head.

thanks for all the info!!!

Yeah, I'm at Scout Camp all week, internet just got up, but is a little slow. I'll get all of the parts to Marshall soon, I'm sure I'll be going up that way.

I don't do all that much fishing, but like Michael said, around Breach Inlet and in Hamlin Creek you will have good luck with live bait. Warm weather you won't catch much on cut bait that you would want to keep. Reds are definatly running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom