Builds First Toyota... 1983 FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great news! whats next?
Driving…. Probably oil change on transmission/transfer case and then do the rear drums. When I do those I will probably remove a lead or two to bring the rear down some

1A31ED2C-FE39-4F15-B2D8-184984EAF08B.jpeg

49CD28D9-383E-4412-8976-32595AEC26C0.jpeg

5286227A-33D3-4460-A64E-32C0A07A189B.jpeg

Been driving the cruiser all day. Front end is sooo much better than it was. Steering is a lot tighter. Need to do an alignment on the front tires. Bled the brakes and they are still a little mushy for my liking. Order a new master cylinder and had to order a fuel sending unit. (Mine finally bit the dust) After driving a lot today i noticed the back passenger side making a popping noise on occasion. It is really infrequent, usually seems to do it when i turn and accelerate. Almost certainly sounds likes its coming from the drum. I took the tire off and tried to remove the drum cover but it was seized on.

any advice on removing it and what might be the cause of the noise?

Thanks to all!

Been driving the cruiser all day. Front end is sooo much better than it was. Steering is a lot tighter. Need to do an alignment on the front tires. Bled the brakes and they are still a little mushy for my liking. Order a new master cylinder and had to order a fuel sending unit. (Mine finally bit the dust) After driving a lot today i noticed the back passenger side making a popping noise on occasion. It is really infrequent, usually seems to do it when i turn and accelerate. Almost certainly sounds likes its coming from the drum. I took the tire off and tried to remove the drum cover but it was seized on.

any advice on removing it and what might be the cause of the noise?

Thanks to all!

Buy this and a couple of tape measures and do your own alignment. DIY Toe Alignment Tool - https://www.tmrcustoms.com/collections/newest-products/products/diy-toe-alignment-tool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom