Finally, A Proper OE-Style 80-Series Sound System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone,
This is the final product:
IMG_1446.jpeg

IMG_1508.jpeg

IMG_1509.jpeg
IMG_1510.jpeg

Will get back later for more pics and information.

IMG_1512.jpeg

Did you paint the speaker grills? Or they are straight outta the box?

Shame about the embossed grill logo
Grills were painted, they are black out of the box.
Now that I can see the embossed grill logo, I can't unsee it.
They are more subtle in reality than in photos for some weird reason.
Never actually noticed them. Until now :)))
I have to replace them.

Very nice! If you could post more details on the installation, that'd be great! Specifically on the front tweeter mounts, as I'm about to do something similar.

Grills look great to me.. Daily Driver ;)

Thanks,
dg

How’s this OE style? 🤷🏻
Except for the grill embossing and tweeters - the shape, position, and color of the speaker grills are preserved. Additional speakers in the rear (3-rd row seats) are in the subwoofer spot on the Lexus LX450. The audio unit is a cassette player from 1995. Judging from other installations I've seen, I am glad that this one turned out so clean. Yes, there was some panel cutting involved, and yes, some pretty new hardware was placed under the passenger seat. But the final result does not look like the aftermarket s*** we're all used to.

Very nice! If you could post more details on the installation, that'd be great! Specifically on the front tweeter mounts, as I'm about to do something similar.

Grills look great to me.. Daily Driver ;)

Thanks,
dg
The tweeter mounts were built around the existing removable plastic trims using fiberglass, then coated in vegan leather.
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-02 at 12.24.01 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-02 at 12.24.02 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-03 at 4.04.07 PM.jpeg

Except for the grill embossing and tweeters - the shape, position, and color of the speaker grills are preserved. Additional speakers in the rear (3-rd row seats) are in the subwoofer spot on the Lexus LX450. The audio unit is a cassette player from 1995. Judging from other installations I've seen, I am glad that this one turned out so clean. Yes, there was some panel cutting involved, and yes, some pretty new hardware was placed under the passenger seat. But the final result does not look like the aftermarket s*** we're all used to.
Ok

Looks great. I think the game changer in this install is the correctly colored grills. You used some really high end gear. Hope it tunes up nicely.
Hey I love my aftermarket s*** :rofl:

Stereo setup looks great, but I'll admit my favorite part is the cloth upholstery and the three pedals on the floor. :eek:

Is vegan leather just plastic?
Usually marine vinyl with a "leather" texture applied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom