Few Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I was thinking of putting an OME 2.5" lift on the 99 4runner. I did it on my LX450 and have been pleased, but I researched for a quite a while. What other options are avaliable for 4runners for the 2.5" lift range and how do they compare in quality. The shocks are what kills ya with the price.

Unlike the Land Cruiser. I am assuming you can run a spare a size smaller as long as its for short distances. The Land Cruiser is a lot heaver and would get damaged. Is this correct on the 4runner

Thanks

My wife drivea a 96 4Runner withe the Performance Products springs in the rear and KYB coilovers in the front, i think it's about 1.5". It rides great and i've towed my dirtbike trailer all over with it. www.performanceproducts.com.Brad.

Romer said:
I was thinking of putting an OME 2.5" lift on the 99 4runner. I did it on my LX450 and have been pleased, but I researched for a quite a while. What other options are avaliable for 4runners for the 2.5" lift range and how do they compare in quality. The shocks are what kills ya with the price.

Unlike the Land Cruiser. I am assuming you can run a spare a size smaller as long as its for short distances. The Land Cruiser is a lot heaver and would get damaged. Is this correct on the 4runner

Thanks

There are a lot of 2-3" kits out there, Romer. OME is probably one of the nicest, from what I've heard. Bill Morgan just did an article on 4x4wire's Toyota section using this kit on his 97 Taco - he's been very pleased. Also check out Yotatech for other opinions.

4 cyl or v6??

We bought a 2000 with 4 cyl for mamma. She loves it. It has a lot more spunk than my 22R.

Got any stock front cruiser coils? They fit the rear of 3rd gen Runners for about 3" of lift. Stock rear cruiser shocks may work? We are doing this on a buddy's truck in a couple of weeks. He is just going with a spacer lift in the front until budget allows something better.

http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=61255

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom