Few Questions

Discussion in '95-older Toyota Truck Tech' started by Romer, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

I was thinking of putting an OME 2.5" lift on the 99 4runner. I did it on my LX450 and have been pleased, but I researched for a quite a while. What other options are avaliable for 4runners for the 2.5" lift range and how do they compare in quality. The shocks are what kills ya with the price.

Unlike the Land Cruiser. I am assuming you can run a spare a size smaller as long as its for short distances. The Land Cruiser is a lot heaver and would get damaged. Is this correct on the 4runner

Thanks

2. Bradass80

Bradass80

My wife drivea a 96 4Runner withe the Performance Products springs in the rear and KYB coilovers in the front, i think it's about 1.5". It rides great and i've towed my dirtbike trailer all over with it. www.performanceproducts.com.Brad.

3. bkg

bkg

There are a lot of 2-3" kits out there, Romer. OME is probably one of the nicest, from what I've heard. Bill Morgan just did an article on 4x4wire's Toyota section using this kit on his 97 Taco - he's been very pleased. Also check out Yotatech for other opinions.

4. desertdude

desertdude SILVER Star

Donahoe coilovers - one heck of a nice ride on and off highway - bite the bullet and get the good shocks as well - Bilstein 5150 - of Donahoe remote res...

Demello - Donahoe coliovers

Jason Demello has great CS

5. bigndn

bigndn

Media:
    Albums:
    4 cyl or v6??

We bought a 2000 with 4 cyl for mamma. She loves it. It has a lot more spunk than my 22R.

6. Tools R Us

Tools R Us

Got any stock front cruiser coils? They fit the rear of 3rd gen Runners for about 3" of lift. Stock rear cruiser shocks may work? We are doing this on a buddy's truck in a couple of weeks. He is just going with a spacer lift in the front until budget allows something better.

http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=61255

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.