Fender flare question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G

Can the rubber strip between the body and flare be replaced without removing the flare?

thanks

doug

Nope....... :ugh:

Removal is fairly easy though. &nbsp:Don't sweat it.

OK 2 MORE Q'S THEN......

(1)there is an approximate 4 inch or so wide strip at the bottom(rocker area)that has a textured finish....and i wonder how that finish is put on? tape? or paint additive? anybody?

(2)concerning above question,could this be applied to the flares or is a rhino type better?

reasoning is i have a big scratch in the front drivers flare and a peeling rubber strip on the drivers rear flare and if i gotta take em off to replace the rubber strips i might as well have the scratch fixed ie:get em painted and i thought "now is a good time to try the rhino or textured finish instead of trying to make it match 7 year old paint"

problem is its hard to find a "good" recommended rhino applier locally(so far anyway)so i thought about the texture on the rockers........

doug(just hashing out some options)

That is a textured "rock guard" that is sprayed on and then painted over. If you want a textured finish you would probably be better served by the bedliner stuff. It would probably be cheaper as well. Also, if you take a nice chunk out of it you won't see the underlying color.

If you dont have a rhino or line-x dealer in your area try Duplicolor's spray on bedliner. Christo turned me onto it and its great stuff. Its much less expensive than Line-x or Rhino, easy to get good texture with, and you can pick it up at Autozone, Walmart, etc.

I just saw Herculiner at Tractor Supply, the example strip looked nice, thick textured. The kit comes with a small sponge roller and quart, should be perfect. I talked with Line-X, they can't tape off the car and paint in place, taking flares off is a lot of work I've heard. $103/gal, $31/qt, didn't get the price on the kit.

Herculiner's website shows it in red & gray also, my truck is gray, hmm.

In my experience spray on turns out much better than roll on.

Friend of mines got a herculined tub he did himself, looks quite good. However, on a curved surface such as the fender flare, I would go with what Keep did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom