Feedback on Exped Megamat as sleeping pad? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We're starting to do more car camping and the 'ol lady doesn't sleep well unless she has a good air mattress or sleeping pad. Air mattresses just seem to end up leaking within a year or two and a queen size one can be bulky to transport so am looking for alternatives.

I am reading up on these Exped MegaMats which use expanding foam and seem to have a great reputation. They are expensive but within my budget if they are indeed top quality.

Interested in any folks experiences with them and also any alternatives that are similar in quality/performance but cheaper.

Thanks!

dang, just found a recent thread. I misspelled first time I searched. Sorry for the clutter

Lots of folks love their Megamats. I've also seen reports of them failing (they are now a few years old). I don't see a warranty on the MegaMats. I'm in the same boat and softly looking at new mats (was using the 3.5" REI Daybed which was nice, but also lost air after 3 years). I'll probably try the new Nemo Roamer, mostly because of the lifetime warranty. Roamer™ Self-inflating Mattress

I love my megamat. I sleep better on it than I do my mattress at home. Also, because it is so thick it helps insulate the roof top tent. My family does not get as cold now that we sleep on the megamat. I can not speak to the longevity of the megamat but I would say I would be greatly disappointed if it only lasted a few years as expensive as they are

Mine has been going strong for 6 years so far, no issues, lots of use. None of it has been on the ground though, all use has been sleeping in my trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom