"Federal" Interagency Passes for seniors and people with disabilities. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fourtrax

SILVER Star
Threads
I received some Forest Service info today from Terry and thought i should share it with the club, in case some people were not aware of the program.

Hi Folks – I don’t know if you’ve heard or not but the Interagency Senior Access Passes are going to be going from $10 for lifetime to $80 for lifetime on Monday, August 28th. We are currently out of the cards but we are selling rainchecks for them. If you are 62 years old or older you can come by our office and get a raincheck for the $10 price and we will take your name, mailing address, phone # and your payment and then when we get our passes in we’ll mail them to you or you can come by and pick them up. You need to bring a picture ID with your date of birth on it. The cost is $10 / card (use cash or check). You can only get 1 card per person. They are good for your lifetime and they cannot be passed down to your spouse or family after you pass. So if you’re 62 years old and don’t have your Senior Access Pass yet you should come to our office and buy a raincheck by August 25th. Our office hours are: 8 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 4:30 pm on M-F.

We also have the Interagency Access Passes that are for people with disabilities. These are free of charge and you have to bring in a photo ID and proof of your disability and there is no age requirement. We have plenty of these cards on hand. So if you would qualify for one of these then you can come in to get one of these too. These are also good for your lifetime and cannot be passed down to anyone after you pass.

Both of these Interagency Passes have the same benefits. You would get 50% off your single campsite fee. If the site has electrical or water hookup surcharges then that portion of the fee is not discounted. For example, a single site at Canebrake Horse Camp and Arrowhead Campground with electrical hookup costs $18 for campsite + $7 for electricity for a total fee of $25 without the discount. If you have one of these passes the cost would be $9 for campsite fee + $7 for electricity for a total fee of $16 with the discount. Over at Badin Lake Campground the cost is $12 without discount and $6 with discount.

The other benefit is that if you’re going to a National Park or Federal Wildlife Refuge or other federal lands that charge an entrance fee these cards get you and either 3 or 4 passengers (I can’t remember the actual number) into that site for free. They must be in the same car as the pass holder.

These passes are good for your lifetime and are good at all FEDERAL land management agencies (Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Fish and Wildlife Service, Corps of Engineers, Bureau of Reclamation, etc.).

Thanks. Bye - Terry

upload_2017-8-16_19-50-33.png

Theresa Stevens Savery (Terry),

MS Forest Resources / Watershed Management
District Recreation Staff Supervisor

Forest Service

National Forests in North Carolina, Uwharrie National Forest
tsavery@fs.fed.us

789 NC Hwy 24/27 East
Troy, NC 27371
www.fs.fed.us

I wonder if the disability pass would include disabled veterans? hmmm

So, would you just have to present a handicapped placard and a photo ID to receive the disability one? Or are there medical records involved? I think my wife could qualify for the disability one.

(i accidentally posted something in this thread instead of another one... oops, this is just a filler post bc I can't delete it from my phone..)

So, would you just have to present a handicapped placard and a photo ID to receive the disability one? Or are there medical records involved? I think my wife could qualify for the disability one.

I wonder if the disability pass would include disabled veterans? hmmm

Here's the info, well at least it sounds the same as the NPS passes that have been around forever........at least on the park and recreation side. Most of the questions are answered in the FAQ. People have been talking about the senior pass cost for the last year or two going up.....

America the Beautiful Passes (U.S. National Park Service)

You can do the form and send it in or you can just go to a park and do it. Bring what they tell you they need.

"Obtaining a Pass in Person If you apply for an Access Pass at a Federal recreation site you do NOT need to fill out this application. When you arrive at the recreation site, the officer selling the pass will verify your documentation of disability and that you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident by checking your ID. You will then be issued the Pass. The Pass is free if obtained in person, there is no processing fee. Before making a trip to obtain a Pass, be sure to contact the site to ensure that they have passes available."

Heather, my Wife, has the Access pass - it has been good.

Cooldeal. we have a Dr apt for my wife in a couple weeks, we will get him to print aND sign something for us. now to look around to see if they have something at the state level

I haven't looked for state level benefits like that - if you find anything cool let us know!

states with benefits....that sounds, ummmmm interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom