Fantastic all-terrain tire test (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting that the toyo at 3 got waxed in the dirt and gravel
Getting the Toyos when replacing worn Wildpeaks instead of another set of Wildpeaks which I also have on all my other rigs was a mistake. The Toyos are noisy and much worse traction wise. Overall still an ok tire, but they don't live up to the hype.

Getting the Toyos when replacing worn Wildpeaks instead of another set of Wildpeaks which I also have on all my other rigs was a mistake. The Toyos are noisy and much worse traction wise. Overall still an ok tire, but they don't live up to the hype.
I am proud to be the only one early on to see thru the bogus hype of Toyos and a few members here.

It's unfortunate more of these aren't available in stock sizing.

I am proud to be the only one early on to see thru the bogus hype of Toyos and a few members here.
I destroyed a set of Toyos in about 10k miles. I was pretty disappointed in them.

Just that keep it "fair and balanced," I run AT3s on my plow/ranch truck and the snow/ice traction is unbeatable for an E rated AT.

Just that keep it "fair and balanced," I run AT3s on my plow/ranch truck and the snow/ice traction is unbeatable for an E rated AT.
Same. Really happy with mine in C load.

i've found the snow/ice traction to be better on the Falkens, but the Toyos are decent on snow for an AT. However I have the P rated Toyos, so that may make a difference. The tread has worn down very fast (with rotations regularly). I would not say its a bad tire, but I think I'll switch back to Falkens based on such great experience running them on five vehicles.

Duractracs are also good on snow but also wear fast and are noisy.

Bout to purchase a set of Recon Grapplers soon in 34" for my new 20s :rainbow:
Going to go back to P but the tire is not very siped as it is.

Since I love tire talk and its been a minute since this thread was made, what do yall think the current TOP 5 tires are for the 200?
I really dont want to make a decision until the KO3 is here. I want to give BFG some money, hope they make plenty of sizes, and hope to see more Cs out there.

Duractracs are also good on snow but also wear fast and are noisy.
DuraTrac are Goodyear trash bin tire. Good looking and cheap. But that’s about it. Noisy. Weak-a$$ sidewall. Cheap construction/materials.

IF you want good GY tires, then get GY Adventure with kevlar.

DuraTrac are Goodyear trash bin tire. Good looking and cheap. But that’s about it. Noisy. Weak-a$$ sidewall. Cheap construction/materials.

IF you want good GY tires, then get GY Adventure with kevlar.

Fleet manager friend (600 trucks) says the same thing. They cheap but called duracrap for a reason.

Fleet manager friend (600 trucks) says the same thing. They cheap but called duracrap for a reason.
Joe Bacal probably designed those Duracrap…. :D

Snow/ice/highway, I am highly impressed with the Nokian ATs. But that it what they do.

To be fair. The soft compound of the AT3 toyos make for a great winter AT. That pro was also its con, as it doesn’t hold up to offroad abuse. They chunk and split in my experience.

To be fair. The soft compound of the AT3 toyos make for a great winter AT. That pro was also its con, as it doesn’t hold up to offroad abuse. They chunk and split in my experience.
So, AT3 sucks off-road, horrible in rain/wet, and noisy on highway. Hmmm...that sure sounds like a subpar overpriced tire to me.

So, AT3 sucks off-road, horrible in rain/wet, and noisy on highway. Hmmm...that sure sounds like a subpar overpriced tire to me.

Ive said it before.
The Ps did things in the snowpocalypse that I didn’t think were possible. I risked the truck and my safety in those things to the limit. They were baby s*** soft though and practically unusable on this heavy ass truck in that size. The LT compound is mid in wet traction by comparison, but definitely acceptable and better reviewed than kold2s in the wet 🤠. The thing is for the added 33% sidewall, you also give up 33% of the siping. Not sure why that is the case on all nitto / toyo products. Give with one hand take features with the other, must be a Japanese thing lol.

I don't agree. We have a ton of gravel and shale roads here and I've had no problems. And whomever said they're noisy hasn't owned a set of true AT tires.

KO2s are non starters here because they are downright dangerous in packed snow. Most folks here in the Northern Rockies either run Cooper St Maxx or Toyo AT3 do to performance in bad weather and off-road durability.

I don't agree. We have a ton of gravel and shale roads here and I've had no problems. And whomever said they're noisy hasn't owned a set of true AT tires.

KO2s are non starters here because they are downright dangerous in packed snow. Most folks here in the Northern Rockies either run Cooper St Maxx or Toyo AT3 do to performance in bad weather and off-road durability.
Completely agree on the KO2s. All ATs are noisy, but I noticed an increase in noise with the Toyos compared to Falkens (same size and rating). And they have gotten louder, with regular rotations.

To be fair, I don't thing the AT3s are bad, but after having such a good experience with the Wildpeaks I wish I had stuck with them. At the time, there were rumors Falken had changed to a lesser rubber compound and prices went way up, so I pivoted.

I haven't noticed poor wet performance with the Toyos, but the FT-4WD of the LC may mask some of those issues. So I would give them an above average rating, but won't buy another set.

I have the AT3's in a 275/65/18. They are end of life but I don't have any complaints except noise. Great snow tire for an AT tire. But, 95% of my use on city/hwy. I am looking at new options now, short list are the Geolandar's, Terrain Contact A/T and the LTX AT2. All three should be better for my use. Also, I think Michelin is running a $150 rebate thru mid-June.

I have the AT3's in a 275/65/18. They are end of life but I don't have any complaints except noise. Great snow tire for an AT tire. But, 95% of my use on city/hwy. I am looking at new options now, short list are the Geolandar's, Terrain Contact A/T and the LTX AT2. All three should be better for my use. Also, I think Michelin is running a $150 rebate thru mid-June.
Highly recommend Michelin Defenders. LTX AT/2 is no good. Geolanders and Conti TC are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom