Fan bracket vs. fan pulley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Why should I buy the entire fan bracket assembly when the fan pulley is available?

On Partsouq:
$121 for fan bracket 16307-50012
$30 for fan pulley 16371-50040

The fan bracket bearings can fail and cause problems. Good insurance to take care of while you are in there.

The fan pulley should only need to be replaced if it is damaged in someway.

The fan bracket bearings can fail and cause problems. Good insurance to take care of while you are in there.
I realize the bearings can fail but why buy the entire bracket? Is the bearing only available in the bracket and not the pulley?

The pulley is just a piece of stamped steel.

The bearing is pressed into the fan bracket along with the fan clutch hub assembly and am fairly certain it is not serviceable. I believe others have investigated it and posted their findings in other threads on the forum.

Why should I buy the entire fan bracket assembly when the fan pulley is available?

On Partsouq:
$121 for fan bracket 16307-50012
$30 for fan pulley 16371-50040

There is no overlapping part there. That pulley is not part of the fan bracket. If you need the pulley then just buy the pulley. Getting fan bracket is not going to solve your fan pulley problem.

The pulley in this context is just a static wheel. The bracket contains the moving part (bearing).

The bearing is not meant to be serviceable, so you buy the bracket in its entirety. Not efficient, but that's what it is.

The pulley in this context is just a static wheel. The bracket contains the moving part (bearing).

The bearing is not meant to be serviceable, so you buy the bracket in its entirety. Not efficient, but that's what it is.

Correct. 👍

Fan Bracket LX470_1.jpg
Fan Bracket LX470_2.jpg
Fan Bracket1.jpg

Ah I see. Thank you for the education! I assume the pulley itself usually does not get replaced.

Ah I see. Thank you for the education! I assume the pulley itself usually does not get replaced.

Correct. Its a separate part that slips over the studded carrier of the fan bracket, so unless damaged in some way, would not usually require replacement. Sadly the bearing in the fan bracket is not serviceable since it is pressed in the fan bracket housing and swagged in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom