Fall Crawl'n with TAC at SMORR 2014 Registration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What about these as name tags?

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1407412363.042924.jpg

I have watched this thread from the start and had hoped that you would not make this an all inclusive price for this event. By doing this you have basically removed the possibility of any locals from attending. I understand that you want the park to yourself and if you as a club are willing to pony up the expense to do this, then that is your choice.

My suggestion is now that you have agreed to the price you should in turn offer up daily rates for folks that are not in your club. The springfield group will usually bring 10 or more rigs that rotate on the number of days attended. I usually get several trucks to just come out for the Saturday event. I cant make this happen at close to $200 a truck. If you would open up a daily fee like the park usually does then you could most likely add 30% to your event. This would result in more money coming in and give you the ability to offer a savings to your club members that have already forked out the full amount. 10 to 15 more trucks at a average of $100 plus more dinner tickets would help to offset the price for all involved.

I can understand your want to hold a closed event miles from your home and when I attend events that are in other areas I will go for the entire time, but I can tell you that you are missing out on a lot of participants by setting this up with only one option for attendance. The locals form Ozark Mountain Curisers have always supported your event, all the way back to when it was at Flat Nasty. I would love to come out and spend an evening and Saturday at SMORR but not at this price. I would love to use this event to introduce newcomers to the TLCA world but again, its almost impossible to get someone to bring out their truck for a day of wheeling and a dinner for $180.

I have watched this thread from the start and had hoped that you would not make this an all inclusive price for this event. By doing this you have basically removed the possibility of any locals from attending. I understand that you want the park to yourself and if you as a club are willing to pony up the expense to do this, then that is your choice.

My suggestion is now that you have agreed to the price you should in turn offer up daily rates for folks that are not in your club. The springfield group will usually bring 10 or more rigs that rotate on the number of days attended. I usually get several trucks to just come out for the Saturday event. I cant make this happen at close to $200 a truck. If you would open up a daily fee like the park usually does then you could most likely add 30% to your event. This would result in more money coming in and give you the ability to offer a savings to your club members that have already forked out the full amount. 10 to 15 more trucks at a average of $100 plus more dinner tickets would help to offset the price for all involved.

I can understand your want to hold a closed event miles from your home and when I attend events that are in other areas I will go for the entire time, but I can tell you that you are missing out on a lot of participants by setting this up with only one option for attendance. The locals form Ozark Mountain Curisers have always supported your event, all the way back to when it was at Flat Nasty. I would love to come out and spend an evening and Saturday at SMORR but not at this price. I would love to use this event to introduce newcomers to the TLCA world but again, its almost impossible to get someone to bring out their truck for a day of wheeling and a dinner for $180.

I thought the same thing Thad. I too had been attending this all the way back to Flatnasty days. Our group from St. Louis is going down the weekend before.

I think we are open to this; however, we want to make sure that we are not discriminating against those that are paying the full price and might just be planning to come for two days of the event. We have been hearing arguments for and against this for some time. We have looked at several other club run events, and few of them have a piecemeal daily pass. I know we are not a MOAB, or a national level event; however, we need people to sign up early to be able to commit to renting out the park. We need to encourage people (and keep improving the event) to get them to commit their money to our event early.

The other issue is that if we are relying on these day passes to raise these extra dollars, we need to sell them weeks before the event, otherwise we(TAC) can get stuck with a big bill if it is a rainy weekend.

In other words, day passes would be for just that, one day max of wheeling. Two single day passes would have to be more than the full price, to discourage people from trying to buy these piecemeal.

If the full event price is $180, the daily price would have to be about $100 (this is what you listed above) and would have to be purchased by 9/1.

For day of event purchased passes, maybe $20-$30 more?

Would that encourage you to sign up?

If so, I will bring it to the board for discussion.

Please don't think I am trying to pick a fight with you, and I do appreciate that your willing to discuss this, but I still think your looking at this as a fair vs not-fair issue and I think you need to come at it from a different direction. TAC as a club voted to pay a set price to have the park closed to the public. You have had to set a price per entry at $180 with the need of 40 trucks to break even. Even though you didn't get the 40 trucks you still decided to pony up the extra money from club funds. With this approach you have the park to yourself but also have a very low turnout. But you have a fixed cost to wheel and its not going to change.

One way you have to make the price lower and refund the initial participants is to open up the event and charge a day fee just like SMORR does. The idea behind this is not to penalize folks that don't want to go to the entire weekend, its to try and get more participants and along with that bring in more funds to help repay those that signed up early.

Charge you normal event price to anyone that want to sign up. Thats $55 per person that shows and I know it makes you money at that price. Charge anyone that wants to come the same price for wheeling that Brandon does.

That would be $85 for 1 day with one passenger. Not sure what you charge for extra meal but you would sell more of those.
2 days would be $115 with one passenger.

10 extra trucks would bring in another $1150 that you are not getting under your current plan and would offset the cost that all your members are paying.

Best I can figure if your published figures are correct you agreed to $5000 to rent out the park and at 33 registered truck you are paying $151 each for the original 33 attendees.

If you bring in another $1000 from daily fees then you would reduce the $5000 to $4000 and in essence reduce each persons rate by $30

Sorry for the long math but the point I am making is that you can choose to approach this in two way. Set a high price and live with a small turnout or open it up to daily fees and have a larger turnout.

I know for a fact that if you open it up to a daily fee, not some kind of penalized process then we would have a large turnout of locals that would benefit all involved but if you decided to keep it at the one price almost none will end up going. I personally would pay the full amount and go for three days as usual but I can't make it till friday night late.

I commend your club for stepping up and paying the money to close this event and ensure that it takes place but I urge you to now open it up and grow the event by charging daily fees and you might end up with 20 or more extra participants and all would benefit.

Staring tomorrow 8/12 we will start offering single day passes for $60, this will not include a meal, T-shirt or driver raffle ticket. You can order a T-shirt and purchase a meal for the Saturday dinner separately if needed.

Please order T-shirts and Meals in advance as we will not be ordering extra shirts, and dont want to run out of food.

There will be a cut-off date as soon as we have the order date from our supplier. We will post that as soon as we know what it is.

$60 a day is per person, each truck?

$60 per vehicle (with no charge for riders), maximum of one single day pass per person/truck.

Given the new 1 day option, Can we change our current paid registration to the 1 Day Pass?
I am better with heading down on Friday after school gets out.......wheeling Saturday and driving home on Sunday.
It would keep me from having to pull my son out of school on Friday..............and it would save me $130 for my gas hog RV. Let me know!
Thanks!

Thad, I think you have a parts vehicle over in a barn at a guys place that I bought a parts rig from last year. I owe him some tires back, but I lost his contact info. You know who I am talking about.

Also, if anyone wants these day passes, jump on them now, before the sign up deadline!

Be sure to get registered before Friday, September 5th at 8:00 AM. Online registration will be taken down at that point and pre-registration will no longer be available. This includes day passes. Day passes will not be sold at the event. Anyone arriving at the event with out pre-registering will be charged the full event amount ($180), but a T-shirt will not be included due to ordering time constraints.

Thad, I think you have a parts vehicle over in a barn at a guys place that I bought a parts rig from last year. I owe him some tires back, but I lost his contact info. You know who I am talking about.

Also, if anyone wants these day passes, jump on them now, before the sign up deadline!

Is it Marty Moose with the rolled 80? The Crusher? Silver Tundra tow rig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom