Fall Crawl'n with TAC at SMORR 2014 Registration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Joel. I wish this was more clear; however, it is as we say "clear as mud, because it is variable based on your needs and on how many rigs show up.

Right now the cost is $180 for registration with us. This is the "worst case" costs -- meaning that it will not be more than that; however, we believe it will come down in costs in the end. This fee covers your three days of wheeling fees, passenger fees, spectator fees, driver raffle ticket, dinner, shirt, etc.

In addition to this, you have to pay for your camping fees at the gate - paid directly to SMORR. The charge for this varies based on your needs. If you need a powered spot for RV or that coffee maker you have to have, that is $25 per night. If you just want to put up a tent, that is $10. Running a generator on tent site is $15. Info can be found here. http://smorr.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=49&Itemid=89

So, the second variable is how many people sign up. Right now registration is $180 as I mentioned above. We based this charge such that if we had 40 sign up, we would be able to break even with the rental charge to take over the entire park. So, here is where it gets tricky... TAC believes that we are not trying to make money here!! We are a not for profit (also not for loss) So the final fee is really based on how many people share the costs of renting the park out.

So, if we have 80 people sign up, the charge per person goes down to about $115. We will either refund the drivers money or the funds (if you so desire) will go back into the TAC funds as a donation to help support next years event.

Clear as mud?

Last edited:
Much clearer! Thx, dude. I'm looking at worst case $200 then for the 2 nights of camping, wheeling,,, not terrible but more than several events I've seen... I'll still be making the trip, can I still register online or do I now just pay when I get there?

Thx! Joel

We picked up site 26 yesterday - -we hope to improve on our 1 trail attempted - - this year!! :) Don't forget to get your camp sites via Brandon asap!

Much clearer! Thx, dude. I'm looking at worst case $200 then for the 2 nights of camping, wheeling,,, not terrible but more than several events I've seen... I'll still be making the trip, can I still register online or do I now just pay when I get there?

Thx! Joel

We agree that it is higher than we wanted, and if we can get more rigs than it is much more reasonable. The key thing here is having the park to ourselves. You are cutting out half of the trail traffic and making a more family friendly environment. At our meeting, the group as a whole decided it was worth paying a premium to do this.

You can register online, or print it out and mail it in! Look forward to wheeling with you.

We picked up site 26 yesterday - -we hope to improve on our 1 trail attempted - - this year!! :) Don't forget to get your camp sites via Brandon asap!
I sent Brandon an email, attempting to reserve a site for Dad. Haven't got anything back from him. Weejub, did you call or email Brandon?

I sent Brandon an email, attempting to reserve a site for Dad. Haven't got anything back from him. Weejub, did you call or email Brandon?
I sent him an email as well. I remember last year it took a while for him to get back with me

I sent an email. I may have caught him on a good day.

I emailed too on Monday and haven't heard back yet. I will let you know when I hear something.

On my registration I ordered the wrong size shirt for my daughter. Is there still time to correct that? And to whom should I beg?

Brandon got back to me today. Dad has site 25. Sorry bout that Weejub. He can be a bit rowdy.

Same here. Site 31

Me too. Site 22.

Brandon got back to me today. Dad has site 25. Sorry bout that Weejub. He can be a bit rowdy.

Hah - Didn't your Dad have the big RV last year and camped at about 23 or 24?

Hah - Didn't your Dad have the big RV last year and camped at about 23 or 24?
Yep. He and Mom seem to attract our kids, and the Butler kids, and the Jobe kids and, well at some point in time all the kids will stop by for some reason.

We plan to bring the projector, blue ray/DVD player and the power cords again. I'll also be bringing the 2x4 frame with sheet.

My wife is working on a kids scavenger hunt while we are on the trails. Something to keep the kiddos busy while adults beat and bang on stuff. Any suggestions for that would be great! Are we wanting to do a "lug nut hunt" again?

Just FYI, the big red bus has site 30. We registered quite some time ago. Looking forward to seeing everyone. We are at 34 registrations. Joel I have not received your registration yet. Hope it isn't lost.

From my understanding, us poor new parents that are tent camping ( ;) ) don't need to call and reserve a site, correct? Just the sites with power need a res?

Correct. Only need to confirm powered sites or generator sites

He might have new cabins

We're registered. Will be four of us.

Email sent to Brandon for a site. Plan to be down late on the 18th and headed home on the 20th. Will update with site number once we know.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom