Fair Market price for 1992 70 2 door Turbo diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I am looking at a 1992 70 series with 137k miles. It’s left hand drive in pretty good shape no accidents.

what do you think a fair market price would be?

Because that’s what I would pay for a 2L-T powered SWB 70.
I dont know much about these. It has a turbo diesel. Are there different 2 door 70 series? This one is from Spain. Left hand drive.

thanks Onur. You are the Guru not me.

Last edited:
LJ’s are good for island drivers, but in US with sustained 75moh road they cannot compete

LJ’s are good for island drivers, but in US with sustained 75moh road they cannot compete

i guess I’ll pass on it.

Are there different 2 door 70 series? This one is from Spain. Left hand drive.

Its all on the internet.

1602563704952.png

Because that’s what I would pay for a 2L-T powered SWB 70.

Probably because you never owned one , do not bring the bad rep the rhd JDM models have over to the LHD models from the Euro market . I have done over a 100 k miles with several of those trouble free , faster then any 3B powered 7x and way more comfortable then any of the leaf sprung 7x models.

At the same time you might say this over every 3B and 2H powered 70 series , my little LJ73 on 32's has no problem keeping up on the highway , sure it's no 1HZ/DT but I have traveled all over Europe with a LJ73 and have gotten several speeding tickets back in those days , believe it or not !

Probably because you never owned one , do not bring the bad rep the rhd JDM models have over to the LHD models from the Euro market . I have done over a 100 k miles with several of those trouble free , faster then any 3B powered 7x and way more comfortable then any of the leaf sprung 7x models.

:lol: you know how I feel about L family of engines.

I just found out is a BJ70. Is the BJ a better vehicle?

I'd say depends on conditions but once being in the US at least $10k minimum. After that it could vary how clean, original, untouched, modified.
Has to do a lot with miles and maintenance too, timing belt, knuckle bearings, bushings, gaskets, good cylinder head. Price could go up with all the records and maintenance up to date.
If you check on Bring A Trailer auctions, all the LJ's sold around $20k

@Hamachi

So a BJ70 should have the 3B, or one would assume 3BII in a 92 year. They would be considered heavy duty vs an LJ70. No factory turbo if still 3b, so it will be slooooow.

so they are saying 1992 Spain Left hand drive BJ70?

pilfered from @amaurer
3B-II's are an entirely different animal. 5 bearing cam, roller lifters, rotary pump, Y shaped header-like exhaust manifold, geared vacuum pump on timing cover, no lifter/side cover on block etc.

any pictures? Mileage? Shape? That’s makes a huge difference on fair market value. There are no $5-$7k 70 series in the US, unless they are pretty crusty and Beat to hell.

@Onur graces a bj70 with his presence so it must be ok :flipoff2: :lol:

Good source of value is to look on ebay but view only completed sales. This will show the sale price for vehicles that actually sold, not the crazy asking price. I bought my 89 BJ73 with 3BII from a dealer in SC for a little more than what Onur said. They dropped their sale price to 10.5K but gave me more than I expected for my trade in/(More than it was worth). So I paid 7-9K for a decent running BJ73 nice looking but poor quality paint and bodywork over minor rust through problems, a rotten cooling system, and shade tree mechanic work.
I cannot recommend the 3B for a vehicle you will drive on US roads unless you will not be driving on the highway. It is too underpowered. I have turbocharged and interooled mine to the point where with the fuel turned up it drives pretty decent. It is however very smoky and I chance burning up the engine if I don't back off on steep hills at highway speed. If you go for it anyway make sure to check the cooling system as there is no need for antifreeze in Spain and straight water for 25+ years will corrode away the radiator, heater core, and freeze plugs.

Thanks guys for all your help. This is unchartered territory for me.

the owner says it’s a bj70 with 4 cylinder turbo engine.
It has leaf springs, removal top and the windshield folds down.

that’s all I e been able to get out of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom