factory soft tops C-TYPE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

this one I happen to have scaned the whole deal..........enjoy :)
44154079.jpg

44154069.jpg

44154062.jpg

44154111.jpg

44154106.jpg

44154098.jpg

44154093.jpg

44154085.jpg

44154146.jpg

44154139.jpg

44154134.jpg

44154118.jpg

metalonmetal said:
aaaah i want it! i think it looks wicked. landpimp, i'm not really surprised you have one, do you mind posting pics?

landpimp you rock, thanks for posting those. are those documents that you scanned yourself?

detail.jpg

it's hard to read, but does this part give any important dimensions for a soft top model that are different from the hard tops?

i wish it was as easy in the movies... 'enlarge... enhance...'

yup, I have 100's of pages scaned, have 100's and 100s of land cruiser lit, just the brochures fill 2 drawers in a file cabinet......not to mention the parts books, manuals and other books.....

dont think there are any dimmensions for the tops

but you could get a fj55 with a 4 speed with a single range t-case, just like the fj25

metalonmetal said:
landpimp you rock, thanks for posting those. are those documents that you scanned yourself?

detail.jpg

it's hard to read, but does this part give any important dimensions for a soft top model that are different from the hard tops?

i wish it was as easy in the movies... 'enlarge... enhance...'

Hello.

Yah. I dig the soft amby doors too. I have an original '79 BJ40 top imported from Japan. I need the window frame channel and the bottom metal portions to be complete. Here are some pictures...

p1010016.jpg

p1010020.jpg

p1010022.jpg

p1010023.jpg

p1010026.jpg

p1010027.jpg

Brian

score! those doors and frame look preemo. i'm assuming that there are not door strickers at all top or bottom. is that latch the only way the doors are supposed to close?

metalonmetal said:
score! those doors and frame look preemo. i'm assuming that there are not door strickers at all top or bottom. is that latch the only way the doors are supposed to close?

I'm not sure. I thought the metal bottom would have a striker in the same location as the full hard amby doors. Not sure how that would work though.

actually taking a closer look at that picture of the inside of the ambulance doors, it looks like there's a pole running up the frame, is that activated by the latch?

You may be correct. I'll dig them out tonight and take a look. They've been stored for a couple years out-of-sight.

maybe look on the underside as well and see if a tube should be there, it might be a latch which pushes 2 rods in opposite directions securing the door top and bottom. that would be awesome if you had the time to dig em out. thanks.

metalonmetal said:
actually taking a closer look at that picture of the inside of the ambulance doors, it looks like there's a pole running up the frame, is that activated by the latch?

Here are the close-up pictures. Worth a 1000 forum words.

OEM%20rear%20door1.JPG

OEM%20rear%20door2.JPG

OEM%20rear%20door3.JPG

the british army had 215 of those type in australia only because parts were easy to get for them there dont know what happened to them believe that was 76 or 77 usmc had 1 in beruit top was thrown out and replaced with ar plate and use for patrols because it was better than the m151 never know where they will turn up

Shelfboy,

I have been trying to get hold of you over and over. What is the status on shipping of the diff I paid you for in early June?

Thanks,
FZJ40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom