factory running board lengths??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was there a difference in the length of the factory running boards on the earlier models and the late models? Mine are on a '63 and they only come to about the middle of the door but I was talking to a friend with a '66 and she swears hers come almost all the way to the back of the door. I'm confused. These are both fj-40's the tubs should be exactly the same. Any thoughts?

Mine are stock for a '66 and they are 33 1/2" long. I've got the diamond treadplare covers on mine so they are probably 1/2" shorter in the pure stock form. I love the old "heavy metal" cruisers.
Ed

I just run out and checked mine. I pulled mine off to do the tube. Mine is a 67 the boards are stock they are 33.5", about 10" ahead of the wheel well and 6" ahead of the back of the door. :D

THE ONES I HAVE ARE 33 1/2" LONG
IF THAT HELPS ANY

We're all in agreement here, can you believe it???? ;)

You are correct. There are basically two different lengths. The '63 and earlier used a short board and the '64up used the longer one. In fact, there are at least 5 different running boards that I have seen that were used on the various fj40s. The 64-78 long boards should interchange, but the '79up will have the cutout for the body seam. The 72ish with the factory diamond plate are by far the best made (and the simplest.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom