factory roof rack removal a real pain in the arse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I havent found anything in a search so here it goes.

Uh, have you climbed up and looked? It only took me a short time to take off a buds.

Mine had no rack :flipoff2: - just like yo momma. :flipoff2:

cmon Junk,If I made an attempt to get it off then I must have climbed up there and looked.Seriously I've made every attempt to get this bieach off I just need a lil advice on how to get these stripped screws out.I'm guessing there's a nut spinning under there and I really dont want to mess with accessing it via the headliner.Any ideas?

[quote author=97cruiser link=board=2;threadid=5283;start=msg41345#msg41345 date=1063636712]
cmon Junk,If I made an attempt to get it off then I must have climbed up there and looked.Seriously I've made every attempt to get this bieach off I just need a lil advice on how to get these stripped screws out.I'm guessing there's a nut spinning under there and I really dont want to mess with accessing it via the headliner.Any ideas?
[/quote]
OK, but if you would have added your second thread under this one, instead of starting yet another thread, then it would have been clear you tried it! Otherwise, re-read you post dude- in the above, there is no indication you even frickin looked at it.
aktion060.gif
LlamaCrap_anim.gif

Ok,OK....I'm new to forums.Pretty sure I'll remember the next time now that i'ts been beat into my head....HA. Anyways just hacksawed the bolt's off.They were completely rusted corroded on.Now I just have some cleaning up of paint to do and hole fillin.As I mentioned before 4 of the 8 screws came out fine and still retain the original threads in there.The other 4 holes are a lil bit bigger seeing how the threaded part is completely gone.Gonna stop by the dealer and see if I cant pick up just 4 of the thread inserts(I doubt it though).The plan is to get some shorter screws slap a lil silicone on there and screw'em in.Should work.What do you guys think?

I've heard a lot of the silicone products will cause rust as the curing agent is acidic or something like that, try to use something that is meant for bodywork.

The tag line makes perfect sense to some people. Others it doesn't. Think about it a while and, with a little research, it will make sense.

I'm absolutely certain that Tyler gets it 'cause he's a closet hacker.
-B-

Junk - didn't you mean how many #0000 0110's?
Bill

-B-,thnx thats the kind of help I was looking for.Yes I have made it to the dealer and have the new inserts ordered...Love this forum

Bill's got it !
-B-

Hey, that's my sig... I stole it fare and square from another forum. Did you get it from an email I might have sent you or another place.

Spencer....tech geek.

Spencer,

That one is probably older than you are and I've used it off and on in sig lines for about 10 years.

Besides, I've never heard of you before today. :D

-B-

Like I said B , and maybe Mike will relate to this ...

16 kinds of people .. hexy , and butt fugly !

Tyler - *Back to watching the ethernet fly by...* ;)

Rick,
I caught it but prefer to speak the national language of binary and not the new-fangled hexadecimal. On formal occassions octal is allowed though.

Translated to octal: half a 14 pack.
-B-

('nuf of this nonsense)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom