Factory LSD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser_guy

Out of Africa / North Africa
Threads
Website
join-hands-for-hope-helping-people-help-themselves.mailchimpsites.com
Can a factory LSD be installed in a semi floater rear end?
Can it be effectively used in the front diff?

Don't know, but it's a good question...

I would say very probable.... the 8" Factory LSD, which came in Supras, fits the front and rear of the mini truck axles. It does help a little in the front, my wheelin' buds said even when when my old 4-Runner lifted a front tire, the tire remaining on the ground would still provide some go and spin a little. The spring inside, which loads the clutch packs, can be shimmed to provide less "slip".

One caveat, it will increase your steering effort some. I would not shim one for a front application.

How much can the be procured for? Cheap, or Pricey?

Seems like a good alternative to auto-lockers. I'd go with an aussie locker but that wouldn't be very good in the snow/ice I drive in for half the year around here. A LSD up front in the snow and ice would make it very nice to drive, the benefits of both 4wd and FWD at the same time.

I think the OEM LS need to go into a FF rear end.......but maybe not

SF... not really because there is no facilitits for the c-clips. If you modified your housing to use mini truck axles like woody did you'd be ok though.

Front end, absolutely. Crushers claims that sand blasting the friction surfaces before install makes the factory LSD very agressive.

What years supra can be used. I wanna start keeping an eye out for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom