Factory Lockers Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Front and Rear lockers should lock in 4wd H right?

Am I crazy? Could have sworn mine used to lock in 4wd H but they only lock in L now

Front and Rear lockers should lock in 4wd H right?

Am I crazy? Could have sworn mine used to lock in 4wd H but they only lock in L now
What year truck? Do you have a Center Diff Lock switch installed? It came stock in the early trucks but can be easily added to the later trucks using the Pin-7 mod (and people use all kinds of switches that don't necessarily say CDL!). If you don't have a CDL switch, you never locked any diff in 4H with the OEM arrangement. OEM style for 93-97 is the CDL is automatic when put into 4LO, and the diff locks will work from there.

From off, turn the key to the ACC position. Do you see 3 diff lock lights on the xmas tree display of idiot lights? If not, then you might have a burnt out idiot light diff lock bulb which could be affecting the operation of the diff locks. I want to say that the signals are routed through the bulbs, meaning that a dead bulb can prevent downstream function.

It’s a 97. I guess I misremember.

I can back into f/r diff locks by first going 4L, locking F/R, then going back to 4H.

Thank you all for the replies. Saved me a bunch more time troubleshooting.

the front and rear lockers are only looking to see that the center diff is locked before they will even begin to actuate. If the center diff lock light goes off then the front and rear lockers will either unlock or they won't function.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom