F engine oil pressure regulator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought since I was changing my oil it would be a good time to install SOR stainless fuel filter lines as some preventative maintenance given my 11/69 hoses did not look long for this world. I was being conservative with my torque and when I checked for leaks I had a small one on the oil pressure regulator. No big deal. Shut it down, removed the banjo end went to snug it up…. nd it get easier to turn. OK, maybe it was just galled up and I blew threw it. Kept turning. Then it came apart. 😔

Total gut punch given I just got this running after a few years.

Anyway, now it looks like I need to find a second hand or NOS one since they are NLA. Anyone have any recommendations where to get a good one? Hot tips for installing?
FB76F8B7-5A98-4704-8212-B5B1BFB0BEEE.jpeg
6D84B760-F031-44E0-87ED-2637EBC4C072.jpeg
D35C346F-4D12-4A61-976F-38686F953E7C.jpeg

98841606-8552-4970-929B-0C3831A4FB7C.gif

mine inserts opposite the regulator side. Which would be the right in this image

I thought since I was changing my oil it would be a good time to install SOR stainless fuel filter lines as some preventative maintenance given my 11/69 hoses did not look long for this world. I was being conservative with my torque and when I checked for leaks I had a small one on the oil pressure regulator. No big deal. Shut it down, removed the banjo end went to snug it up…. nd it get easier to turn. OK, maybe it was just galled up and I blew threw it. Kept turning. Then it came apart. 😔

Total gut punch given I just got this running after a few years.

Anyway, now it looks like I need to find a second hand or NOS one since they are NLA. Anyone have any recommendations where to get a good one? Hot tips for installing?
View attachment 2727532View attachment 2727534View attachment 2727535
View attachment 2727536
mine inserts opposite the regulator side. Which would be the right in this image
I would start with the usual vendors like Marks Offroad (@65swb45), Classic Cruisers in CO, Cruiser corps in OK, SOR-shows they have them, or even Redline Cruisers in CO. I just bought my oil line kit from them and installed it on a rebuild. After reading countless threads, I used FIPG since there the gasket is NLA.

Why FIPG? That gasket is super easy to make, just lay the regulator on some gasket material and trace it, then flip over and rub where the two openings are to get their location, two bolt holes, can either rub them, or mark from outside. If you don't want to do it right on the gasket material, use some paper to make the template, then transfer.

For the OP, used ones are out there. Bummer yours broke like that, better in the shop than on the road. My dad lost an oil line one -30 morning, drained all 8 quarts out in short order. Be cautious the piston inside is in good shape and the orings are intact. I don't know if rebuild parts exist, but a vendor may know.

Why FIPG? That gasket is super easy to make, just lay the regulator on some gasket material and trace it, then flip over and rub where the two openings are to get their location, two bolt holes, can either rub them, or mark from outside. If you don't want to do it right on the gasket material, use some paper to make the template, then transfer.

For the OP, used ones are out there. Bummer yours broke like that, better in the shop than on the road. My dad lost an oil line one -30 morning, drained all 8 quarts out in short order. Be cautious the piston inside is in good shape and the orings are intact. I don't know if rebuild parts exist, but a vendor may know.
You are right it is simple and easy to make when you have gasket material. But if you only have FIPG then....I've got tubes of FIPG because I use it on our other Toyo's too.

I would start with the usual vendors like Marks Offroad (@65swb45), Classic Cruisers in CO, Cruiser corps in OK, SOR-shows they have them, or even Redline Cruisers in CO. I just bought my oil line kit from them and installed it on a rebuild. After reading countless threads, I used FIPG since there the gasket is NLA.
Thanks for the props. I left Ryan a VM.😊

Order sent to @65swb45 - thanks Mark!

@MoCoNative Ive got the fel-pro 3060 pack, which material would you make the gasket from? 1/8 cork rubber, 1/16 cork rubber, 3/64 Rubber-cellulose sheet, 1/32. Rubber-Fiber sheet

Please resend F&F with an extra $3 Ryan.

Neither of the cork materials, they will crush out/split, leak. I prefer a medium thickness more paper type of gasket. Is the dark colored sheet of stuff in that package waxy/smooth feeling, or more like the feel of construction paper? That is what I would use, I'm thinking the light colored sheet with the blue stripes is for water gaskets. FelPro sells various thickness of a brown/tan gasket paper too. My local NAPA usually has it by the foot, good all purpose material too.

Carefully clean each surface, block and regulator, free of all old gasket material and rust. Clean surfaces with brakleen or lacquer thinner.

Put a thin skim coat of FIPG, or Blue RTV silicone on each surface of the gasket before you put it together, don't recall a torque for that part, tight, with your 3/8 ratchet, or average wrench is probably good. Let the silicone set over night, should be leak free.

Closing the loop on this, I got the correct part from @65swb45 who knew exactly what I needed. I cleaned it up and hit it with some engine enamel. I also made a paper template of the gasket which I used to cut the gasket material above. I used that with some gasket maker and installed it. Oh I also preinstalled the line which was much easier.

Took it for an hour shakedown around town last night, no leaks and perfect oil pressure. Thanks again!
8A614428-AB08-4EC2-A29F-F6284BB94AF5.jpeg

7D75B5B4-7C53-4766-9E32-7718E7A2069A.jpeg

0E83AE12-70E6-4A10-ADDC-B14158462A1F.jpeg

2166FE3E-9760-41E4-B039-80D987E16C21.jpeg

Traditionally, cereal box cardboard...
When I was a kid, my dad’s choice was the paperboard backers for mom’s pantyhose.😛

Last edited:
Heard milk boxes are good too, the paper is wax coated for added protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom