Extended brake hoses - OEM solutions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CruiserTrash

Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
cruisertrashparts.com
I've been digging and digging for a week and can't find anything definitive on this... I'd like to use OEM Toyota rubber brake hoses for the front and rear drop-downs on my 60, and I'd like them to be longer. I'm still hunting for exact answers, but here's what I've found:

1. The rear hose is ~15" (?) and thus a little longer than the front. So a rear can be used up front. Maybe.
2. Both hoses are female-to-male fittings.
3. There's a very old thread with Cruiser Dan calling out T100 brake line numbers as a way to get longer hoses on an 80 Series. The thread goes on for a while and ends at this chart:

1655847918246.png

So for the rear, I can just pick any of these OEM part numbers for a female-to-male hose at some length greater than 15"? Did Toyota use M10x1 on all 60s? Front I can use the stock 60 rear line, or maybe something like 90947-02812 if I wanted the hose at 17 1/4"? That one is for a 95-2004 Tacoma. Looks like 90080-94070 would do the trick for the rear no? It's a 2000-2006 Tundra brake hose from what I can tell. There's two of that same part number listed, each with a different length which makes me wary.

I just want to bounce this off Mud before I go ordering parts. Thanks.

I posted OEM brake line part numbers that I used here

Thanks to both of you.

For posterity: 60 Series rear hose for the front (96940-33805) and T100 hose for the rear (96940-34705).

@Godwin I did not find your post despite many searches on the topic. Pretty amazing work you did.

You don't want the front hose too long because it could lay against the front driveshaft and blow out if the front shaft is used much. Rotation of the shaft wearing away the outer and inner liners of the brake hose. I had used a longer NAPA hose and failed to note the proximity of a loop of brake hose to the front shaft. Lost all braking. I pulled a rear line off a parts FJ60 and swapped it in as a front line replacement and found that it was a good slightly extra length hose.

You don't want the front hose too long because it could lay against the front driveshaft and blow out if the front shaft is used much. Rotation of the shaft wearing away the outer and inner liners of the brake hose. I had used a longer NAPA hose and failed to note the proximity of a loop of brake hose to the front shaft. Lost all braking. I pulled a rear line off a parts FJ60 and swapped it in as a front line replacement and found that it was a good slightly extra length hose.
That sounds terrifying. I did note that above - use the rear for the front - since it seems to be the common wisdom around here. Now we know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom