Experts: This is really weird (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Each Morning and after a cold start, when I shift to R for REVERSING I receive a big shock in the car. I was trying to know why. Mechanics say this is due to gear oil is cold and want time to about 10 mins to transfer back. althoght i am living in middleeast Dubai 49 c" in summer. Not to mention i am doing regular gressing to the driveline and joints. Any one experienced this? :confused:

FJZ80 Top of the range-MiddleEast Version.
200k,

kfarea said:
althoght i am living in middleeast Dubai 49 c" in summer. Not to mention i am doing regular gressing to the driveline and joints. Any one experienced this?

200k,

I am tossing my vote into the too much lube in your shaft route :).

Could be a parking pawl issue, it is a CLUNK or a surge in power? More data please!

kfarea said:
Each Morning and after a cold start, when I shift to R for REVERSING I receive a big shock in the car.

What RPM are you seeing when you get the shock when shifting to reverse? You may be experiencing the fairly common "fast idle" we sometimes get with the 1FZ-FE engines.

-B-

Is it a 343 transmission?

More Info.

I do not notice high idle or high RPM . constant at 800 rpm. the shock is like up and down clunk. after placing R position 2 sec. then shock . this is only on morning and cold start.

kfarea said:
Each Morning and after a cold start, when I shift to R for REVERSING I receive a big shock in the car. I was trying to know why. Mechanics say this is due to gear oil is cold and want time to about 10 mins to transfer back. althoght i am living in middleeast Dubai 49 c" in summer. Not to mention i am doing regular gressing to the driveline and joints. Any one experienced this? :confused:

200k,

49 degC, thats like 120 degF! :doh:

When my front drive shaft is removed (center diff locked) I notice a clunk like this, I wouldn't call it a shock but the vehicle does slightly wiggle or shift at the same time I hear and feel a small shock. It also occurs as I approach a stop light, just before I stop. It all goes away with the driveshaft in (center diff locked or unlocked). This leads me to guess that maybe you have an issue with one of your driveshafts, either overlubed as mentioned, or a u-joint in need of repair.
Kenton

How's the transmission fluid level? Low tranny fluid does this as well (more pronounced with R than with D).

I would like to quote this" it is only only only happining at cold start at morning and when left car parking for long time like 5 hours. It is felt like shock . in all case only when R back."

I will ask a mechnic to remove the driveline shaft ,clean over gressing and check

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom