expedition one front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

By far the most bitchin design is the one on post 24, the single hoop. Although I'd give the hoop broader "shoulders" a more squared approach.

It looks the most "trail".

REF: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=1138500&postcount=24

The most recent renditions that have gone tube crazy look like crap, they look too blingy and complicated (IMO, if you dig it, more power to ya, the more options, the better :D).

REF: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=1149636&postcount=75

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid.

P.S. The one in post #24 with light tabs would be teh pants!

Last edited:
JimmyHoops said:
And I would not advise placing a tow strap anywhere except the recovery points. You would bend the hell out of your bar and probably hurt someone in the process. Very BAD decision!!!
You MUST be kidding but incase you aren't or incase someone reading this doesn't understand how alot of people "store" their strap from recovery location to recovery location....

The wrapping of the tow strap that I do has nothing to do with where you pull from. It is still attached to your recovery point but instead of taking it off and putting it back on every time you need it, you just wrap it around the bull bar. Basically an ease of access issue.

I don't have a good picture of the front but here is how I wrap it on the back for now.

P5170276.jpg

Beowulf said:
Jimmy,
I believe he was suggesting the hoops would be a place to wrap a strap.... temporarily, like when strapping through a rock garden or something.

-B-

Oppps, I responded before I saw that you explained it to him already.

Thanks.

FusionCruiser said:
Oppps, I responded before I saw that you explained it to him already.

Thanks.

No problem. Those of us that wheel and have the straps out a lot knew what you meant. Those that are new to the hobby need things explained. Your picture is great. I'll try to find one with a strap wrapped around the front hoop on my Slee bumper.

-B-

When are you gonna go from the CAD machine to manufacturing a prototype? So far, I love what you have done (conceptually). You're in 1st. place in my opinion....now when can I order one?

Out of all the ones I"ve seen, post 72 is the one I like the best. Functional, simple and yet it has nice lines that mirror the outside mold line (OML) of the FJ.

Regards,

Chuck

james / jfonz, just left my house , we took off my front bumper he took some measurements and he will work on the final cad drawings and then i hope he takes to production quick i want one!!!

real good guy. smart kid, he will get my business.

ok here is the final rendition everyones input taken into mind. good job to jfonz looks real nice and i will have the first one lucky me. who will be second?
fjcfrontpre2.jpg
fjcfrontpre2sideangle.jpg

mapleton cruiser said:
ok here is the final rendition everyones input taken into mind. good job to jfonz looks real nice and i will have the first one lucky me. who will be second?

Hopefully me!! :bounce2: Guess I better work some O/T cause I'm still waiting on a lift and rock rails too. That's soooo sweet! Any idea on timeframe/cost yet?

Can you put this version on the more life-like picture?

Thanks for listening to everyone's suggestions and making changes to try and suit everyone.

Kathie

The front bumpers will also be availible with the following tubing/brushguard styles..

fjcruiserfb2_tbfront.jpg

fjcruiserfb2_tbside.jpg

fjcruiserfb2_tbxfront.jpg

fjcruiserfb2_tbxside.jpg

Questions, comments, and feaback still welcome...

sikocycles said:
I like the first one. Any idea on pricing yet?

not yet. I can tell you that it will be less than other MFG's and probobly comperable in price to others....

We'll know more in a few weeks...

I want to buy an FJ just so I can have this bumper :D Hope you're still producing these in 5 years......

When are you going to move from the computer to the welder? You seem to have settled on the bumper design and are now just bouncing around ideas about the bull bar. I want to see some metal mounted to an FJ. I'm willing to wait, but any information would be helpful ie. production date (prototype), cost, options (bull bar(s) or plain). Thanks for all your creativity. You guys are in first place in my book.

JimmyHoops said:
When are you going to move from the computer to the welder? You seem to have settled on the bumper design and are now just bouncing around ideas about the bull bar. I want to see some metal mounted to an FJ. I'm willing to wait, but any information would be helpful ie. production date (prototype), cost, options (bull bar(s) or plain). Thanks for all your creativity. You guys are in first place in my book.

Very soon. Right now were kindof inbetween the computer and the real metal version.

The current plan is to have bumpers shipping by mid July....

The 3 different hoop/bull bar designs that we have posted are what we plan to offer. As production progresses we may phase out one of the designs depending on what people won't. All of our bumpers can be ordered without hoops if desired. It is going to be easer in the beginning to get one without hoops & or powder coat in a timely fashion, than it will be later on when the bumpers are in full production... After the prototype is finished we will know priceing and allow for orders to be made on the exact styles and configurations (one of the three shown) that people won't. as far as price goes we're shooting for a range inbetween $800 & $900. that includes powdercoating...

Last edited:
You might have just sold me with this pic:

fjfbpr1a.jpg

When it comes out will it be with fairlead or will that be optional? One other thing, what will fit in the holes for the lights?

Great work! Looks awesome and lovin' the logo on the skid. Mine would be with just the 'A' bar FYI.

Last edited:
Landrover said:
You might have just sold me with this pic:

fjfbpr1a.jpg

When it comes out will it be with fairlead or will that be optional? One other thing, what will fit in the holes for the lights?

Great work! Looks awesome and lovin' the logo on the skid. Mine would be with just the 'A' bar FYI.

If you won't to get one of the fairlead from us you can. There aluminum, designed for use with synthetic rope. We also will have, & do have, a synthetic winchline that works with the fairlead.

For the light holes we are going to have 2 or 3 different option (so far) one is a basic driving light. Nothing fancy, and it would be reletivally inexpensive. Another would be a fog light, again nothing fancy. Then the other option(s) (the preferred option) would be PIAA 510s either in fog or pencil beam... Or you could just figure out your own thing. the hole size is a bit over 4 inches....

Also the design you have referred to has changes just a bit.

attachment.php

Mostly just the "A" hoop shape has been widened so the classic Toyota logo can be viewed....

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom