Expanding a frig/freezer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone have any experience with a Two-Zone Fridge add on?

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/in...action/category/previd/specials/prevstart/12/

Looks to be a great idea on a long trip, providing it works as claimed.

Hey Phil, that's Flyingwil's company. He's local, works odd assed our so he's hard to get in touch with, but he's a SUPER cool guy and says the twozone works great. I'll try to get him to come out to the May meet with his Tacoma and some product to shwo off (including a two zone).

Hey Phil, that's Flyingwil's company. He's local, works odd assed our so he's hard to get in touch with, but he's a SUPER cool guy and says the twozone works great. I'll try to get him to come out to the May meet with his Tacoma and some product to shwo off (including a two zone).

That would be great!

That would be great!

Yeah I will try and make it on over to Sonic!

In regards to the TwoZone it offers about a 20° temperature change on average from the top of the TwoZone to the bottom of the Engel MT-45. To combat the entry (dang roof in the way) a way to configure the fridge is to make it slide out of the vehicle using an Engel Slide. Here is what I did on my Tacoma that could esily be done in the rear of LC:
47b6d730b3127cce98548e3447f00000-1.jpg

I bought one recently. Fits perfectly on my 42 quart ARB. Love it.

TJK

He he, wish I had room for the upper compartment.

I would like to try and move the fridge to the drivers side rear seat one day, after talking out the seat completely.

Even with the fridge in the backon the cargobox though, it does not block my rear view at all.

Two Zone

II bought one and like it. I took it to the Black Hills Cruiser Classic . When at the camp site I put the two zone on my ARB and after a little fiddeling with the thermostat found it to be worth while. While traveling I took it off. I also have the 16 QT Engle and between those two fridges I can't ask for anything more.

It certainly has for me. I may be less critical than others -- I don't travel with ice cream and as long as my carrots and apples don't freeze, I'm happy.

TJK

no ICE CREAM??????

WTF is wrong with you.;)

If I can't drink it or put hot sauce on it, I pretty well don't need it.

TJK

A little bit of an update. We (family of four) just spent 4 days camping in 80 degree weather off the coast of South Carolina with the Two-Zone. This was our first extended use of it and first use in warm weather.I was very pleased. We packed the bottom full of milk, beer, wine, sodas, water, etc. and put a few frozen food items on the very bottom. Loaded the top with lunch meat, cheese, fruit and vegetables and other non-frozen food items. Set the ARB on 2 and never had a problem. I don't have a thermometer but nothing froze (that wasn't already frozen) and we didn't die of food poisoning. Mission accomplished. And I have no trouble getting in and out of it while it's mounted in the back of our Tacoma with a soft shell camper on. So there you have it. 50% more room, 100% happy customer.

TJK

One more update. The Two-Zone continues to have no trouble in high temps. Went to the Razorback Ramble last weekend and endured 90-95 degree heat. Two-Zone didn't blink. That said, I learned that under harsh wheeling conditions, the Two-Zone needs to be strapped to the ARB below it. The clasp is not enough to keep the Two-Zone attached when things get rough and twisty.

TJK

but still no ice cream huh?

Nope -- did put some water bottles filled with juice on the bottom though. Made good self-contained popsicles on the trail.

TJK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom