Exhaust problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
I have a 96 lx450 and i really need help relocating or customizing the exhaust on it. The cats hang low and the muffler is huge and low and i know the first rock i go over is gonna eat them up. What do i do???

LX-Mikey,
You go to a muffler shop and have a new exhaust built. Duhh.

IMHO you're overreacting. A *lot* of us have done a lot of rock crawling with the stock exhaust like your LX has. The muffler will get some scratches but it's not going to fall off on the first rock. If you rip off the cats before you have sliders then the busted cats will be the least of your worries.

When you build the sliders you can include a cat skid plate. The Hanna sliders come with a very heavy cat skid plate. I added one to George's plans; it works, but needs to be heavier 'cause it bends pretty easy. Photos have been posted a few times so check here and on SOR.

-B-

Smash this......

Smashed mine. Sounds like a diesel now when it idles. I rushed the sliders into service, building them the day before the exhaust carnage. My exhaust is a bent to crap where it passes under the frame, but the muffler has no issues. I will use it as an opportunity to install some smaller catco cats and build the skid plate around them.

I was just doing some mall wheeling and bottomed out on a tall speedbump.

http://www.ih8mud.com/photos/2003-06-14_Attica/DSCF0033.JPG

Hey, Junk, dig the cool purple shirt yo momma gave me after she ripped mine off. :flipoff2:

I think you are overreacting as well. Of the ten 80's that did the rubicon the only exhaust damage was the tip. And that can be easily reshaped. A higher exhaust would be better, but I would spend the money on other mods first.
Sean

Sean is right about the exhaust tip but that's an easy and cheap fix at a muffler shop. Just have them shorten it a few inches or have them remove the coffee can and the tip and exit right behind the rear wheel.

Hey Gumby, how about some pics of your new sliders? !
-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom