Excessive Blowby PCV Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure. Just seen them when working in Oregon.

Tried using the PAIR reed yesterday and at idle and when not moving there is vacuum. Once on the road, its mostly zero vacuum or slight pressure from the reed valve. It put pressure in my crankcase.

All the info I have found says the vent in header/exhaust only works with if you have no mufflers. I have 2 mufflers and 2 cats.

What about having 2 PCV systems? Just keep the original one in place and get another one mounted on the V/C and plumbed in parallel.

The PCV valve is metered to the motor. The ECU knows how much the PCV valve meters. Putting on a larger or adding a second PCV valve will be like having a vacuum leak and cause a lean condition in the air fuel mixture.

I am going to try leaving the PCV valve hooked up and put a crankcase breather with a one way check valve (when I get an extra $100, work is slow so it might be a while, will vent to atmosphere the vent port in the mean time) on the vent port of the valve cover. This way the PCV does most of the work evacuation the crankcase and the breather will release any extra pressure. Hopefully the PCV valve will remove most of the stinky oil vapor fumes and only a minor amount of blowby will be vented to atmosphere. Will get a catch can and use it on the PCV valve hose to keep oil vapor out of motor. If it still has oil vapor stink I will add a catch can to the vent port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom