ex mine trucks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched and searched and searched. Is it some unspoken club haha. Where are people snagging the ex mine trucks from here in the us? I'm after one I think and am just hitting my head on the wall with frustration.

Importing a Toyota mine truck is a viable possibility. You are going to need a Customs Broker to do a formal entry and your only going to be able to drive it Off-Road. I used to work at the US / Canada border and I remember seeing a Toyota mining pick-up being imported in route to New Mexico.
There's a few Canadian companies that specialized in Toyota mine trucks.

Ens Industrial :: Genuine Toyota Landcruisers :: Custom Design/Build Mining Vehicles

You can find ex mine trucks, but they are for parts only (at least in the USA) they were only allowed in the country for the mining purpose and are suposed to be detroyed when they are no longer used as mine trucks. Some companies are a little more flexible and allow them to be sold for parts as parts.

If you are thinking of trying to get a mine truck and then trying to get it titled and registered in the US you will have a very hard time, and that is when you will need to bang your head against a wall.

For the most part the people on here that are buying mine trucks are buying them for parts (at least in USA).

Cheers,

Michael

what was my theory? (i have so many i can't keep them straight)

In Canada you can register exmine trucks on the road. the process is not easy and not cheap... basicly you have to bring the truck to a condition that it will pass a full safety (usually big $$$$) THEN you go see if you can register it, if not then it is an expensive lesson. it they will let you then you are legal and golden. i have done 2 now and am in the process of a third.

if you think you can do it cheap and illegal you are in for a huge, expensive lesson.

once again i will re-itterate:
DO NOT INVEST MONEY YOU CAN NOT AFFORD TO LOOSE.

don't come whimpering on this site about a s***ty decision, you will get no sympathy here.

No, not that theory.

The other one.

what was my theory? (i have so many i can't keep them straight)

In Canada you can register exmine trucks on the road. the process is not easy and not cheap... basicly you have to bring the truck to a condition that it will pass a full safety (usually big $$$$) THEN you go see if you can register it, if not then it is an expensive lesson. it they will let you then you are legal and golden. i have done 2 now and am in the process of a third.

if you think you can do it cheap and illegal you are in for a huge, expensive lesson.

once again i will re-itterate:
DO NOT INVEST MONEY YOU CAN NOT AFFORD TO LOOSE.

don't come whimpering on this site about a ****ty decision, you will get no sympathy here.

Everything on it was worn out, engine, tranny, t-case, frame, body panels, etc.

Post #5 here.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-t...-1-2-70-series-mine-trucks-edmonton-area.html

yep, you buy a mine truck and then dump anywhere from $25K to $60K and that is a decent start.

Or sometimes you get a few for spare parts and just keep them in your pasture, maybe a 70 series body or a few other 7x parts as well :)
DSC02270a.jpg
DSC02271a.jpg

Those look somewhat familiar.

i have a few pics of the 79s i used to drive underground in a nickle mine they were never driven slow or treated good and were washed at the end of shift every day in the salty underground water
can some one help me out how to post them

i have a few pics of the 79s i used to drive underground in a nickle mine they were never driven slow or treated good and were washed at the end of shift every day in the salty underground water
can some one help me out how to post them

Click on> post reply>manage attachments>browse>select
You need to resize the pics ,I use the free MS resizer

Underground nickel mine west aus

Charge up (bomb) ute with blue light all the mud is rock dust and salty water
IMG_0892.jpg
IMG_0955.jpg
IMG_0956.jpg

Underground nickle mine west aus

Standard diff breathers ouch ,plastic / rubber style front bar
the revs would be like this all day ,electric speed lock out is around 33 kmph and stuck in low range
IMG_0868.jpg
IMG_0866.jpg
IMG_0824.jpg

Standard diff breathers ouch ,plastic / rubber style front bar
the revs would be like this all day ,electric speed lock out is around 33 kmph and stuck in low range

That pic of the tach is why I love diesel cruisers. All day, every day for years.

Underground nickle mine west aus

With permanent U.G utes they put them in low range and remove the stick and the front locking hubs and put the i guess awd 100 series cover hubs on so you cant take them out of 4wd and have fun on slipper mud :) as i moved up the ranks to charge up i got the ute with the cool signs and blue light
IMG_0319.jpg
IMG_0794.jpg
IMG_0307.jpg

Wow that red 75 is amazing
in 07 for mines rescue fire training we got to torch a discontinued 05 78 troopy that was not that bad condition bar rust and mine driving abuse, i wish i could have taken it home instead

Clint, what was up with the tires smoking? Or was I just not seeing it right?

Yea kept reversing into the mound of dirt until it stopped but thought it would be fun to keep the tyres going
the back lsd cracked to open wheeler and front standard open but was fun to smoke it up

Oh okay. I was thinking, man... those mines must be hot or something. :) I, obvioulsy, know diddly about mines. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom