craigslist 2-1/2 70 series mine trucks, Edmonton area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Posting a link to an online ad for some ex-mine trucks available in my area. My understanding is that there is one 3B powered truck, and 2 1HZ powered trucks (one of which has already been stripped of rad, axles, ...).

I have chatted on the phone with the seller, but have not looked at them, and I am not by any means knowledgable on the diesels. I'm sending a link for this thread to the seller, who I suspect might sign up and chime in. I believe they are seeking ~$3500 for each.

Diesel drive trains for sale - Edmonton Trucks & Vans For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton

Street address: Leduc, AB, T9E 5E7
Date Listed: 20-Oct-08

For Sale... GREAT PROJECT TRUCKS...We have 3 Toyota Landcruiser Pickups for sale. They are all diesels (2-6 cylinder and 1-4cylinder) They are old mine trucks and have never been licenced for the road, according to registration they would need to be inspected and proven roadworthy and then they could be put on the road. One of the 6cylinders is for parts only. All are 4 wheel drive, standards, low milage, years between 1989 to 1999. They all are in running condition and transmissions work, but the one that is for parts is not driveable. All have flat bed boxes

e-mail address of the seller is: nlssidb-at-shaw-dot-ca, feel free to contact
6cylinder drivetrain and body parts 106.jpg
90ish Toyota Pickup 088.jpg

Last edited:
That's what I was told at one time, but last contact suggests they still have all three. Someone backed out? :meh: Or perhaps there was confusion with one being rendered very incomplete.

Would 3 mine trucks plus an HDJ81 make a decent haul for your tow rig? :grinpimp:

Last edited:
i wouldn't touch a mine truck again...can you say abused?

how many hours? for every 1000 hours is the same as 150,000 km.

they buy the trucks for $1500 and make $2000 selling them to unsuspecting buyers who are keen on finding a 1HZ. plan on a new or rebuilding the tranny, straightening axles tubs, rebuilding the t/case and maybe even the engine.

MAKE SURE you test the engines befor epurchasing and take them for a drive to confirm the condition of the drivetrain...

this all being said if i was building up a bush pig then i would look at one...

Yeah, I'm looking for the 1HZ, 5 speed with split case set up.

i wouldn't touch a mine truck again...can you say abused?

how many hours? for every 1000 hours is the same as 150,000 km.

they buy the trucks for $1500 and make $2000 selling them to unsuspecting buyers who are keen on finding a 1HZ. plan on a new or rebuilding the tranny, straightening axles tubs, rebuilding the t/case and maybe even the engine.

MAKE SURE you test the engines befor epurchasing and take them for a drive to confirm the condition of the drivetrain...

this all being said if i was building up a bush pig then i would look at one...

They are good if you have 30-50K to put into them - then you have a one of a kind truck that is better than most trucks on the road today. But you would be building a truck from scratch. If you think that you could get them up and running for under 10K you are dreaming though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom