Escape gear seat covers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have seen a few pictures and some information about these covers...

I was just wondering if anyone has them in their 70 series and what they think?

Also the best place to get them from in North America? Canada preferably?

I figure they're cheaper then re upolstering and look like they will look and function wonderfully!

Thanks for any pictures, information, prices about these...

I will post up information and pictures once I purchase!

Here is a link to some pictures

Looks like they retail for around 420 bucks which is kinda steep, but a lot of ppl rave about em

http://heine9999.wordpress.com/2012/03/04/escape-gear-seat-covers/

Last edited:
Assuming you don't have any issues with a camo pattern, vendors such as Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops and other offer a neopreme seat cover. I had their product on my LJ78 and the neopreme is both form fitting and very tough as well as water proof. You could fit 2 Land Cruisers for $400.00.:)

just order the ones from SOR that will fit your bj70.
I am left with a sour taste in my mouth after seat covers.
Custom front ones are in order down the road for me.

Equipt1 sells them. I have no idea on price.

Looks like they retail for around 420 bucks which is kinda steep, but a lot of ppl rave about em

Escape Gear Seat Covers Heine's Ramblings and Rumblings

Ive got the aussie made Black Duck seat covers.I bought 2 sets ,one for my Commodore and one for my Landcruiser and they are showing very minimal signs of wear after 3-4years. My dogs claws cannot penetrate them.
They dont list a 70 but I think the 78-79 series RV with twin buckets would work and $344AUD.
Roodogs sells lots of them and he is the cheapest on freight.

Untitled Document

I have a set on my troopie. Fit is OK, never going to look as good as a re-upholster job. But, my seat upholstery was pretty beat, good way to cover the seats until I replace them all together:meh:

image-3402927152.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD
image-3402927152.jpg

I have them on my 77. They fit fine and wear well. The headrest covers are a little large, but that didn't concern me. They sent me some extra material so that I can fab some headrest covers to fit better, if I so desire. I got them through Paul May at Equipt. It was a painless experience. They are initially expensive, but they will last a long time. I don't baby my stuff and I am not worried about damage at all. I'll take some pictures in the AM and I'll post to show you.

I am trying to see if the factory will make different head rest covers for me... For 400 bucks those head rest covers should fit!

The material is what has me sold... I have looked at a lot of seat covers in person and online... The last tweed pair I got lasted about 2 years and were over 100 bucks and were supposed to be heavy duty... If these will last forever then they're cheap! ish...

Last edited:
....I was just wondering if anyone has them in their 70 series and what they think?....http://heine9999.wordpress.com/2012/03/04/escape-gear-seat-covers/
I have a full set on my 76SW and am very, very happy with them. This is a local (RSA) manufacturer for us and they do have a web site for further info on vehicle models that they cater for.

We have another manufacturer called "Jackalberry" that also have a range of seat covers manufactured from even stronger material and I will also consider their product, as many local LC drivers are very satisfied with the fitment and durability.

Cheers

I've got them on a few rigs, love them. We had them on the Expeditions7 7x Series fleet. There were many months of gamey dudes living inside the vehicles and the seat covers always stayed tidy and odor free :D

I'm running the SOR Tuff Duck ones in my 73.....nice covers. I've run them in all my 40s....one truck had them on the seats without a top....in all the elements for years...they took a lot of abuse and held up great.

I will say that the 70 series ones I got are really tight in the seat centers(kind of like the side bolsters are holding them from sitting against the seat)...I feel like I'm not sitting all the way back in the seat. Not a horrible problem though...just different than getting sucked into some really worn seats in a 28 year old truck. They have slowly been conforming.

The best part though is that I no longer smell like a combo of old dude/ashtray/wet dog after getting out of my truck now. Bonus.

image.jpeg
Perhaps another option. (Smittybilt) I've run these in a couple of Cruisers and while I can't say they add much in the way of comfort, if your desire is to simply protect the seats, perhaps they're worth looking at.

SOR Tuff Duck

20181218_070448.jpg
20181218_070439.jpg

Those SOR tuffduck covers are nice, been thinking about those for awhile now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom