Escape gear Seat Cover install help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@prharper the separate panel that has velcro around the perimeter goes on the back of the fold down armrest. Also, you've installed the larger piece with the elastic backwards. Once installed in the correct orientation the extension/flap will slip beneath the "hinge" through to the backside and velcro to the backside of the armrest. See attached pics.

View attachment 2654136

View attachment 2654137

View attachment 2654138

View attachment 2654139

View attachment 2654140
Thanks,
Much appreciated

Does anyone know if they include the center console cover as pictured in the YouTube install video? I just ordered from the escape gear website and just realized I forgot to even check...
Yes. Photo of parts list included in my shipment. (didn’t buy third row covers, removed those seats)

54106A91-3182-421B-8D0D-50596903A7FD.jpeg

The escape gear cotton / poly seat covers more than paid for themselves Sunday afternoon. And I'm glad I thoroughly drenched them in scotchguard before installing them the first time. Let's just say my kid learned the hard way not to drink a liter of cherry punch after eating cereal. Weathertech second row mat also did its job.

The escape gear cotton / poly seat covers more than paid for themselves Sunday afternoon. And I'm glad I thoroughly drenched them in scotchguard before installing them the first time. Let's just say my kid learned the hard way not to drink a liter of cherry punch after eating cereal. Weathertech second row mat also did its job.
Good to hear and probably the rare occasion when we don’t want to see pics. Lol

Anybody install Escape Gear on a 2021 US spec yet?

Yes, I can confirm that they work on 2021 models.
I'm having issues with mine on the 3rd row of my '21 HE. They fit fine, but the cut out for the latch that folds away and holds the seat upright is too small to fold the seat up. I need to take pics and send to Equipt. Also, the 2nd row, middle seat headrest cover is completely incorrect. 2nd row seat cover works well!

I'm having issues with mine on the 3rd row of my '21 HE. They fit fine, but the cut out for the latch that folds away and holds the seat upright is too small to fold the seat up. I need to take pics and send to Equipt. Also, the 2nd row, middle seat headrest cover is completely incorrect. 2nd row seat cover works well!
Now that you mention it, I also had similar problems. I sent a lot of pictures to equip who forwarded the issue to escape gear. They are currently revising the jump seat covers and will be sending them out to me soon.

Now that you mention it, I also had similar problems. I sent a lot of pictures to equip who forwarded the issue to escape gear. They are currently revising the jump seat covers and will be sending them out to me soon.
Just seems like a strange problem to have. These seats haven't changed in quite a few years, as far as I know. I'll contact Equipt and see if they can do the same fo me. Is yours a HE? Any issues with headers covers? The middle row, middle seat headrest cover was completely incorrect.

did you guys look at any other seat covers? I know there are a few on the market, quite a few in AUS (black duck). Mainly looking for 2nd/3rd row
I am also curious what other covers may even be in play. I had a set from Costco that they no longer sell, it was more neoprene in material and was OK for dog traffic, my main goal.

Just seems like a strange problem to have. These seats haven't changed in quite a few years, as far as I know. I'll contact Equipt and see if they can do the same fo me. Is yours a HE? Any issues with headers covers? The middle row, middle seat headrest cover was completely incorrect.
Mine is a base model. The middle row middle seat that cover was tight but was otherwise OK.

I've had my '21 HE for about a month now and was thinking about seat covers.

The only option for custom fitted canvas seat covers is Escape Gear, correct?

I liked the look of the Carhartt covers that came up from internet search, but they don't show late model 200s.

I've had my '21 HE for about a month now and was thinking about seat covers.

The only option for custom fitted canvas seat covers is Escape Gear, correct?

I liked the look of the Carhartt covers that came up from internet search, but they don't show late model 200s.
I bought Carhartt several months ago for my '98 and they fit well. It's a shame they don't have them for the 200's.

Aside from the minor fitment issues which they are resolving and the long waiting period, there is nothing comparable on the market at their price point for custom, durable and protective seat covers. I've got four kids and these are proving their value daily.

Hmmmmm, after re-watching the @Equipt install video the 10th time, I finally got around to installing 1 of the front covers. 1 issue I had is there is an extra strap I don't see in the video. Seat bottom flap that folds into the crack, in the center, came from Equipt just looped and attached to itself? I couldn't for the life of me figure out how this would attach to anything other than itself, which just doesn't do anything. It's not 1 of the 4 straps that go forward, or the 2 on the sides. Anybody else figure this out? For now I just left it attached to itself and shoved it under the seat doing nothing

IMG_1167.jpg

The back seat lays pretty flat, I think I got it correct. Not 100% sure the straps all go in these spots. Woulda been nice to have a video on these as well

IMG_1049.jpeg
IMG_1050.jpeg
IMG_1051.jpeg
IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

Got my other front seat installed today. Much easier after doing one already. I like the poly-cotton gray really changed the appearance of my interior. The extra strap I'm still waiting to hear back from Equipt about. For now its just shoved under the seat attached to nothing

IMG_1173.jpeg
IMG_1174.jpeg

IMG_1167.jpg

Got my other front seat installed today. Much easier after doing one already. I like the poly-cotton gray really changed the appearance of my interior. The extra strap I'm still waiting to hear back from Equipt about. For now its just shoved under the seat attached to nothing

View attachment 3296806View attachment 3296807

View attachment 3296813
There is a pole that runs perpendicular to the seat up in there. You should be running the other straps over this pole and the strap in question should wrap around it and return back in a loop.

If you haven’t drawn blood your doing something wrong.

FWIW mine is a ‘21 so idk if all YM run that pole or not.

Last edited:
There is a pole that runs perpendicular to the seat up in there. You should be running the other straps over this pole and the strap in question should wrap around it and return back in a loop.

Your you haven’t drawn blood your doing something wrong.

Interesting. Let me dig around under there again, I didn't feel any pole or bar under the seat but yeah it is a tight squeeze. No blood yet, but quite a few new scratches on my watch bezel.

Your you haven’t drawn blood your doing something wrong.

no blood yet…… I must not be done. Hmmm, perpendicular pole you say. So, side to side on the truck? Is this pole on the floor or on the bottom of the seat? Closer to front of the seat, middle or back? I didn’t feel anything when I quickly checked but was on my way out the door rushing. Any way to photograph?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom