Ensuite update - now Nav freaking out? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nakman

addict.
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.gamiviti.com
This morning my Ensuite App prompted me to do an update, to which I obliged. Truck drove fine all day, off an on another 50 miles or so. But I just picked up my daughter from school and now the map doesn't work- I only get the compass display, and the compass doesn't know my location. And if I push the Nav button all I get is a big compass in strobe mode, no map or anything, just a flashing compass that doesn't know which direction north is... just seems too coincident that this would happen the exact day I do an update. Anyone know any tricks?

Glad I postponed the update when it popped up this morning. Don't know how many times it will let me do that.🙄

I got the update and installed it a couple hours ago. So far my map is still working fine.

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

I got the update and installed it a couple hours ago. So far my map is still working fine.

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?
Well, I just went out to take a picture/video and it seems to have corrected itself. But it was totally funky an hour ago, I swear, you can ask my daughter! What happened was it wouldn't display the map, only a compass, and the compass didn't know where it was. On the "home" screen where that area is smaller you could still see the compass, but if you made the compass take up the whole screen it would start flashing...

anyway if it happens again I'll be sure to document it and post up. :beer:

Whoa...people use the ensuite app?? I didn't even try it as it looked so clunky at first glance....I'll have to check it out.

I was using the GROM Vline and CarPlay....

I just updated mine. I had video running just in case something went off the rails. It did not appear to have issues. Hoped android auto would magically appear, but no such luck😏.

Whoa...people use the ensuite app?? I didn't even try it as it looked so clunky at first glance....I'll have to check it out.

I was using the GROM Vline and CarPlay....
Nope, never use it. I just clicked "ok" on a box that popped up to update it, now paying the price for that.

Nav worked perfectly all day yesterday. Today, it quit on me while driving, twice. The radio turns off, none of the buttons work, ironically the only thing that works is the map- so the exact opposite issue than what I experienced a few days ago. Here's a video:

So when I shut the truck off and restart it, so far the nav works again... but it's done this twice now so far today. :mad:

Oh man that sucks. I guess I won't hit that update button anymore. Like you I don't use ensuite, but I do hit that button whenever I see it. Any factory or 3rd party warrantee? They sometimes cover electronics that stop working correctly.

Oh man that sucks. I guess I won't hit that update button anymore. Like you I don't use ensuite, but I do hit that button whenever I see it. Any factory or 3rd party warrantee? They sometimes cover electronics that stop working correctly.
Yeah I have a bunch of warranties, just dreading getting into all that, taking it in, etc. I am kind of glad it's failing so frequently now, so it'll be obvious there's an issue. trying to find the silver lining.

Any sort of a factory reset option and a spot with good cell signal you can sit while it updates again?

Haven't seen a prompt yet on my LX for this one but if the ensuite/enform system is updating via cell signal i may do it before the coms blackout next year.
Im not sure how to manually update it later if i want to hold out. My concern would be missing some form of firmware requirement that would be hard to do later when the service no longer exists. I think if anything they would send an update to deactivate some modules that would be sucking up power or something searching for non existent cell signals.

Ive talked about this before in remote start threads but it seems no one is using it Lexus connect for that. ($17/month is atrocious)

Did anyone manage to see a revision ID or SW update control/release number so i can do some googling?

I believe you can push and hold the radio power button to force a reboot. Dont know if that is any different than powering truck off or not.

I did the update yesterday, biting my nails the whole time. The update appears to have worked and everything appears to work OK with choices and settings preserved.

Does anyone know what the update actually accomplishes?

And what do you know just after leaving the house and typing that post my nav crashed.

Well after my few system crashes last week all seems ok now.
And what do you know just after leaving the house and typing that post my nav crashed.
Did you get the "no map, but everything else works" crash? Or the "nothing but the map" crash?

Well after my few system crashes last week all seems ok now.

Did you get the "no map, but everything else works" crash? Or the "nothing but the map" crash?

Both. Purple flash, full blackout, then partial blackout, then missing map in split view and then back to normal.
Before i head out later i will check for an OTA update and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom