Engine Builder Wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HIJACK - what else would one need for this TBI...for a friend of mine obviously.

I would reach out to @Trollhole for exact details (Go to the carb guy when you want to learn about TBI :) )

In a nutshell the TBI unit (along with harness, ECM, O2 sensor, MAP sensor) would come from a GM 4.3 TBI engine (Astrovan, s10, etc). I'm not sure what all comes in the Downey kit. The TBI will need added fuel pressure so an in-tank fuel pump and pressure regulator.

HIJACK - what else would one need for this TBI...for a friend of mine obviously.
If Jim is selling the adapter it's a really good start. If you want a whole kit I'd buy the affordable fuel injection option. It comes with just about everything. If you go with an S-10 4.3 tbi you can easily adapt the throttle cable to work with Jims stuff. His air cleaner is also decent. I use it on Big Gay. They have dropped the price from AFI it's now 1300 for the whole kit. Still it's not plug and play but it's as close as you can get. Biggest kicker for me is they have the correct dizzy. Don't have to go with the HEI dizzy's which are prone to failure.

If Jim is selling the adapter it's a really good start. If you want a whole kit I'd buy the affordable fuel injection option. It comes with just about everything. If you go with an S-10 4.3 tbi you can easily adapt the throttle cable to work with Jims stuff. His air cleaner is also decent. I use it on Big Gay. They have dropped the price from AFI it's now 1300 for the whole kit. Still it's not plug and play but it's as close as you can get. Biggest kicker for me is they have the correct dizzy. Don't have to go with the HEI dizzy's which are prone to failure.

Don't FITech, Holley, etc sell the kits for fuel only? Could use just an Offy intake and still run mechanical / vacuum dizzy for simplicity. I do like the idea of full spark timing control though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom