Electric Crate Motor for 60 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not condoning, nor do I have any details, but I thought this was interesting. I saw it on my instagram this morning. From what I gathered on their website, there is an FJ40 build in progress, w/ a Mud build thread. ElectricGT All Electric Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - ElectricGT

FJ62 electric crate motor.jpg

We all laugh now, but in the not too far future, Toyota won't be producing internal combustion engines for vehicles anymore. They've stated as much. The writing is on the wall (and in printed documents). The end is near. Thank goodness

Hey as long as I can still get the same power and range as I do with my gasser (or better yet, improved on either), I'm okay with it.

Very interesting for sure. Look forward to seeing what some of these conversions can do. ESP the range. Lithium cost big money. Wrecked- totaled Tesla’s sell for over 10k just to scrap out the battery cells. But with the right energy source, a electric land cruiser would be bad ass!

If they would just relax the regulations on nuclear power cells we would be golden.

I would be totally into an electric motor for my 60! As Spook50 said - as soon as power and range are equal to my gas burner I would drop one in without hesitation. Assuming I could afford it!

Bring it on!
-Ed

We all laugh now, but in the not too far future, Toyota won't be producing internal combustion engines for vehicles anymore

Australia has already been promised diesel electric hybrid landcruisers for 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom