Electric car charging stations, and cruiser batteries (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

See, this is the mindset that I just do not understand. Yes, people CHOOSE to drive an EV for the money savings, green factor, or just because they like them. One of the considerations that factor into making that choice is the availability of public charging stations. Just like the availability of gas stations enables you to drive your LC.

What if any person, out of accidental carelessness or arrogant self-righteousness, could block your access to the gas pump? Just because. Would you just shrug your shoulders? That person is just exercising their right to deprive you of transportation? I don't think that's how you'd react.

:edit: By the way, welcome to chat, folks! :hillbilly:

First of all, you understand that I'm just poking the bear, right?

Yes, I've parked in the EV spots with my old car (not my LC). I did it because there are NEVER any cars there so I wasn't worried about door dings. There was one Volt in the 5 stalls when I came out. It happens to be an employee. It's also ironic and funny to see a 57 year old car parked in an EV stall.....like I converted it to EV......

If they are going to have the EV spots, why not place them in the BACK or farthest away parking areas? The owners need to leave their car there for an extended period of time for it to charge. The extra distance to walk is healthy anyway, and those that own EV's are health and environmentally over-conscious anyway right?

You can be the EV parking police, and I'll be the handicap parking police. From there we'll have it all covered. Then we'll have @Dragos80 make sure everyone is parking within the lines, no matter WHERE it is.

It's good to hear your views.

How much coal or natural gas does it take to make electricity? How much pollutant do those systems place in the air compared to petrol vehicles? (Just another poke.....)

I'll lighten up for you a BIT since you're not in the USA.

Even though it's PRIVATE property, the CITY and STATE regulate how many parking spaces there must be as well as how many handicapped parking stalls there must be.

The comparison of "Electric, handicapped, seniors, people with kids, whatever group they are catering to doesn't matter" is NOT accurate.

We did not CHOOSE to require handicapped status. Neither did any of the veterans I know that have been severely injured protecting and serving our country.
Those with electric vehicles CHOOSE those cars, just like I CHOOSE to drive a gas-guzzling LC. I also CHOOSE where I go to get gas.
People with kids are a marketing group, not a special needs group.
Seniors are a special needs group for the most part. Those that qualify are considered within the "Handicap" group.
In my OPINION, being FAT is NOT a handicap. However the law states that anyone who is "morbidly obese" can qualify for Handicap status.

I cannot park my vehicle in the local mall parking lot overnight, as it is private property and they can choose to have it towed.

Why is it that just because you CHOOSE to drive an electric vehicle that I CANNOT park in that spot because I was there FIRST? The Handicap stalls are patrolled by City Government (Local cops) and you can be fined for parking there. If the charging stations become a law, then I won't park there.

Now, if my local City or State government starts building charging stations that are free, I will raise hell, because I want my free GAS station. I'm ENTITLED. DAMNIT! My taxes pay for it, so I will USE it. Otherwise I will protest and park my guzzler in front of the charging stations until I get free gas!

Fair enough, we have rules here about handicapped space quantities and locations as well, but only for the handicapped, anything else is a casual thing and up to owners of the property. My point is if its private property and the business wants to grant a specific type of clientele a preferred parking spot, or access to a free service, then that should be within their rights.

It may not be illegal for a young healthy lone male to park his vehicle in the "reserved for mothers who are pregnant or with young children" spot in front of the grocery store, but it's a real DICK MOVE. Do you park in the "employee of the month" spot if you are a lousy worker that nobody likes? If you do, you're probably a dick.

Just being a dick is generally a bad thing for civilized society

All that aside, i have no idea why anyone ever wants to park closer to the door of a place anyway. It's always crowded with pedestrians when you are trying to back up, more vehicle traffic through that area, more shopping carts likely to hit your doors, and just generally unpleasant.

Fair enough, we have rules here about handicapped space quantities and locations as well, but only for the handicapped, anything else is a casual thing and up to owners of the property. My point is if its private property and the business wants to grant a specific type of clientele a preferred parking spot, or access to a free service, then that should be within their rights.

It may not be illegal for a young healthy lone male to park his vehicle in the "reserved for mothers who are pregnant or with young children" spot in front of the grocery store, but it's a real DICK MOVE. Do you park in the "employee of the month" spot if you are a lousy worker that nobody likes? If you do, you're probably a dick.

Just being a dick is generally a bad thing for civilized society

All that aside, i have no idea why anyone ever wants to park closer to the door of a place anyway. It's always crowded with pedestrians when you are trying to back up, more vehicle traffic through that area, more shopping carts likely to hit your doors, and just generally unpleasant.

My wife thinks that I don't TRY to be a dick, it just comes naturally.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom