El Tractor... Rest in Peace (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like how even though you smacked the :censor: outta that tree, it still didnt utterly destroy the cruiser's front end.

RIP

-Carl

Front end looks Ok, however when I put the truck in gear, it does nothing. The passenger side of the axle, moved back. The spring is badly bent, the drive shaft got pushed into the transfer case, most likely it broke either the transfer case or the transmission. Not to mention that the radiator is badly bent but not leaking, the shock mount is sheared, the shock is broken, Obviously, the fender, the hood the grill, etc. Even the radio came off the mount.:bang:

wow. F'ing TREE! Glad you are OK. I vote for running them over next time too.

Bummer - good luck finding your next and congrats on the wife's OK for an ARB...

did the person stop? Before i burnt/chopped/otherwise destroyed the tree, I'd be finding the driver and beating the holy crap outta them. If it's a girl, then beat the crap outta her stoopid car so she can't drive like a dip****.

good luck with the next one!

rob

wow. F'ing TREE! Glad you are OK. I vote for running them over next time too.

Bummer - good luck finding your next and congrats on the wife's OK for an ARB...

did the person stop? Before i burnt/chopped/otherwise destroyed the tree, I'd be finding the driver and beating the holy **** outta them. If it's a girl, then beat the **** outta her stoopid car so she can't drive like a dip****.

good luck with the next one!

If I'm lucky, I'll get a 198??? blue FJ60, all I've been told is that it needs the carb worked. I have a donor carb, as a matter of fact, I have 3/4 of a donor truck. :mad:As for the driver that never stopped,:mad: I know he/she drives a blue Honda Civic Del Sol. Those are not that many, it is better for the driver not to be found! I'll be on the look out!!!

Last edited:
You did the right thing to avoid hitting somebody, even if they were in the wrong. Sorry for your troubles. One good thing, if you cannot fix your Tractor, there appear to be a lot of good parts that are transferable to the next Fj60..wheels, tires, even the tinted glass! Good luck

When I swerved to miss someone a few years ago, my insurance told me they don't cover "accident avoidance" - they only cover accidents. I guess the lesson is, hit the guy.

The EXACT same thing happened to me! In 03 I was driving my Celica and some lady in a s***ty minivan cut me off. I could have hit her in the drivers door, or swerve and not hit her. I chose to swerve and avoid her, and I went up an enbankment. She was issued a ticket for failure to yield, and in the police report she admitted that she did not see me. At the accident site the cop told me I should have hit her because her ins will not pay! Guess what he was right! My ins co had to pay ,and her company didn't pay a dime!

Zack

RIP fellow Brownie :beer: looks like that trees been smashed afew times before :hmm:

my ARB has the paint of three cars that ran out in front of me ... LC arnt made to swerve so I dont :meh: know I know why

bummer about the tree incident...

couple of positive things come to mind:

you walked away unhurt

nobody else got hurt

you get to get a "new" vehicle, (not to minimize the loss of "El Tractor.")

a tree can't sue you and make your life utterly miserable

sorry about the loss and good luck on the hunt.

Tree looks fine to me.

I'm hiding from the tree huggers, as soon as the accident happened, I got a a hold of a flat bed tow truck and removed the truck. You have no idea how these people chase you. About six years ago, I decided to cut a tree in front of my house. After cutting the tree, 1 day later, the local officials showed up and I almost end up in front of a judge.:eek:

"New" Tractor

Everything points to a 1984 blue FJ80!!!:). I'm going to see it tomorrow, I'll post pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom