Egr delete, now wont start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, as stated in my previous thread I had a short in my efi fuse and it ended up being a couple wires burnt from the egr pipe so I cut off the burnt sections and soldered new wires in one by one so I didn't get mixed up. And then went ahead and deleted the egr system completely and made plates to block off all the holes. Then put everything back together and now it'll crank but won't start. Double checked all the connectors and hoses too. Before I took everything apart too get to the harness it would start up no problem and idle fine so I know it's not any of the basics. I guess what I'd like to know is if the egr system being taken out would have anything to do with it not starting or if the efi wires that I replaced could be checked with a tester when the car is in acc or would it have to be cranking over to have power sent through it? Any help would be appreciated!

1992 fj80 3fe

Your wires prob aren't solder anymore , should do splices to much heat and vibration for your solder. Basically recheck the harness. Pulling the egr truck would still start, what did you do to the vacuum lines

X2 on the solder. Bad idea.

Look at the harness repair manual. Only butt splices are recommended. Solder joints don't like vibration, it makes them break. Tha'ts why they're only used on PCBs, where they have support and are isolated. All the harness splices should be butt connectors.

X2 on the solder. Bad idea.

Look at the harness repair manual. Only butt splices are recommended. Solder joints don't like vibration, it makes them break. Tha'ts why they're only used on PCBs, where they have support and are isolated. All the harness splices should be butt connectors.
Your wires prob aren't solder anymore , should do splices to much heat and vibration for your solder. Basically recheck the harness. Pulling the egr truck would still start, what did you do to the vacuum lines

Thanks, wasn't aware about not soldering them. I'm used to soldering every wire I touch lol. I pulled the vacuum line section that was under the manifold out and capped off the rest

The CEL should light when the key is in the on position, before starting the truck. If it doesn't, you don't have power to critical systems, like ignition. Or the bulb is burned out.

Why delete the egr system? Was it giving you problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom