EGR block-off help. just getting more and more confused. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, this may be a simple answer, and i hope it is.

My F-I-L and I are desmogging my 60 and I cant seem to find a solid answer as to what I'm supposed to do with the PCV that comes out of the same ares as the EGR. looks like some block off plates have a fitting for the PCV, while others completely block that off. what do people do with the PCV in that case?

i heard talk of using a different port on the manifold, but that would cause the cylinders to not have equal "oily vapor" as someone said.

any clarification on that folks?

You want to keep the PCV port on the manifold. The easiest way to do this is to run the stock piece and just plug in incoming EGR port. I put a rubber cap and clamp over mine so a not to damage the part in case I ever needed to put the EGR back on. If you get a block off plate then find one with the port like this one from man a fre. If you have the materials and tools you could just mill/drill a piece of aluminum to fit and then tap a hole for a fitting.

1598369994971.png

You want to keep the PCV port on the manifold. The easiest way to do this is to run the stock piece and just plug in incoming EGR port. I put a rubber cap and clamp over mine so a not to damage the part in case I ever needed to put the EGR back on. If you get a block off plate then find one with the port like this one from man a fre. If you have the materials and tools you could just mill/drill a piece of aluminum to fit and then tap a hole for a fitting.

thank you so much Seth, i'll keep going with that as the plan! much appreciated

For reference, the PCV system is an emissions system. Engines back in the 60s that had no smog equipment didn't have PCV. The crankcase was just vented to atmosphere.

I connected mine to the to the weak vacuum on the intake along with the charcoal canister. Seems to work as I have no funny smells or pressure issues in the fuel tank. Venting your distributor, is another issue. I wouldn't want either of those vapours in my distributor cap. I am by no means an expert and still learning from my mistakes, so if I'm overlooking something, please tell me.

Hey all, this may be a simple answer, and i hope it is.

My F-I-L and I are desmogging my 60 and I cant seem to find a solid answer as to what I'm supposed to do with the PCV that comes out of the same ares as the EGR. looks like some block off plates have a fitting for the PCV, while others completely block that off. what do people do with the PCV in that case?

i heard talk of using a different port on the manifold, but that would cause the cylinders to not have equal "oily vapor" as someone said.

any clarification on that folks?
For reference, the PCV system is an emissions system. Engines back in the 60s that had no smog equipment didn't have PCV. The crankcase was just vented to atmosphere.

View attachment 2415817

i offer both EGR block off and repair kits , minus the block off plates them selves , due to the fact my kustom kits are also geared for our Arizona and California members whom still have to pass smog tests etc ...

my Kits main features are the Newer upgrade and longer Torx drive studs and anti- loosen hex nuts too all 100% Toyota genuine parts

1598535804358.png

1598535828401.png

thanks everyone for the help. one last follow-up question ( i hope)

I'm going to leave the egr/pcv connection (red) and just weld shut the EGR side, but is there a separate block off plate for this connection (blue) or do i just cut and cap it somewhere between the connection and the cooler?

egr.JPG

OHHHHHHHH! see this whole time, i thought those full block off plates were for the port where the PCV and EGR connect and it didnt make sense if I'm supposed to keep the PCV.

a real lightbulb moment, I thank you. it all makes more sense now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom