EGR Intake Manifold Gasket torque spec. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey y'all,
curious what the recommended torque is for this EGR to intake gasket (see photo). I haven't been able to get this fella to seal properly and after two tries I'm clearly doing something wrong.

What's the torque spec and How many foot pounds at a time in sequence? What's the final torque recommended for a crush gasket like this?

Thanks,
Dan

2f.jpg

Also, It seems like the gasket doesn't go all the way over the edge of the block off plate, does it need to form around the plate to seal properly?

Dan
It doesn't need to go over the edge, it just needs to seal the diameter of the hole off the intake manifold. Sorry I can't help with the torque spec, but snug should be good. May need a remflex gasket if that doesn't work.

They’re 8mm bolts screwing into aluminum. Just wrist tight is all that’s needed.
8mm bolts screwing into steel can be torqued to 12 lb-ft but aluminum should be less.
Tighten by fear.

They’re 8mm bolts screwing into aluminum. Just wrist tight is all that’s needed.
8mm bolts screwing into steel can be torqued to 12 lb-ft but aluminum should be less.
Tighten by fear.
uh oh....

I may or may not have had this s*** at 20ft pounds! Did it a few months ago. seriously hoping I didn't strip something.

20 ft-lbs of torque can shear a 8mm bolt. It happened to me when I set my torque wrench wrong.
A good rule of thumb is to not use a torque wrench on small bolts.

Or if you do use one on small bolts, make sure it's in INCH pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom