Edelbrock Carb ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK,
I have been having carb issues for a while now thanks to this new fuel. I dont run my 40 very often but I do put Sta Bil in it but it doesn't seem to help. I have taken the carb apart and found that the fuel has gelled in the float bowls and every other orifice. I completely disassembled it and soaked it in chemtool for 3 days, scrubbed the parts and reassembled it.

I started the rig and it fired up but fuel is coming out of everywhere, the acellerator pump and other parts I have no idea what they are but fuel is bubbling up like a geyser.

I shut it off, checked all of the screws etc and started it up. It ran for a few minutes and stopped, fuel still spewing. I tried restarting it but it cranked over like 2 rotations and then would bind/stop cranking like the battery was weak, which it could be but, wouldn't flooding the engine w/ fuel cause it to crank poorly?

Sorry for the long post, trying to keep from having to buy a new carb but it looks like I may have to bite the dust.

Thx

If fuel is coming up out of the carb, the float isn't holding. You need to disassemble it again and install a carb kit, and be sure to get a new needle, seat, and float. Keep Chemtool away from any rubber or non-metal parts. As you suspect, serious flooding like that might hydraulically "lock" the motor and damage it, not to mention oil dilution, too.
The Edelbrock carbs are basically an AFB which are OK but aren't as good off-road as a Q-jet. You might consider replacing it.

Thx for reply. I put a kit in it when I put it back together

Pull plug you hypo locked motor with fuel this will happen with a stuck float. Be careful lite my brothers jeep on fire after draining and then trying to turn over lucky to get it out before any damage was done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom