Easiest way to Remove a Rear Stock Bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think I just drilled past the head, then increased the bit size. The chisel work was minor. Your grinder will help. Those bolts was the hard part. It probably took me an hour and a half and most of that was drinking beer.

I think I just drilled past the head, then increased the bit size. The chisel work was minor. Your grinder will help. Those bolts was the hard part. It probably took me an hour and a half and most of that was drinking beer.
Thx, I am ready to tackle now! This a 12 or 24 pack job? Want to make sure I have enough cold beer ready!

48. Rivets suck. I’ve knocked out over 60 so far...
Ugh...now I am thinking the air hammer might be the best way to go....WIll see now if any of my buddies have one to use.

If I were to do this without an air hammer, I’d use the cutoff disc and make cuts into the rivet head until completely gone. Then drill, then hammer out. You don’t need to drill completely through to make it easier to hammer out. Probably a 6pack per.

If I were to do this without an air hammer, I’d use the cutoff disc and make cuts into the rivet head until completely gone. Then drill, then hammer out. You don’t need to drill completely through to make it easier to hammer out. Probably a 6pack per.
Found someone with an air hammer. Still will keep a 12 pack on ice!

No lift required. When you mount it an extra set of hands or a jack is useful as there is a little play in its positioning until you tighten your bolts down....and its heavy.
Thx for all your help and advice everyone (especially @Thornton Melon ! Got the bumper installed and love the new look! 6 pack job that I drank a 12 pack for! (yes that is snow here today)

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom