E&E Off-Road 200 Series Skid Plate System (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does the oil pan and the Jewett performance oil filter cartridge Have the same thread? My Fumoto oil pan valve broke and I want to replace both Fumoto drain valves with the ValvoMax.

Broke how? Only thing I've heard of is the valve seizing closed, please tell me it didn't break open and drain the engine haha.

Does the oil pan and the Jewett performance oil filter cartridge Have the osame thread? My Fumoto oil pan valve broke and I want to replace both Fumoto drain valves with the ValvoMax.
Not exactly sure. That would be a question for @bjowett to answer.

I would bet on yes, but wait for confirmation.

Edit: just checked my Jowett housing. It is an EZ-105, which is a 20 x 1.5. Not the same. Oil pan looks to be 12 x 1.25.

Last edited:
You're in luck though. Valvomax makes one in that thread too.

Broke how? Only thing I've heard of is the valve seizing closed, please tell me it didn't break open and drain the engine haha.
It had the Allen head protection threaded in. When I took it off oil started flowing. I flipped the lever and the ball in the valve got spit out. I was able to do the oil change but the valve is useless.

Not exactly sure. That would be a question for @bjowett to answer.

I would bet on yes, but wait for confirmation.

Edit: just checked my Jowett housing. It is an EZ-105, which is a 20 x 1.5. Not the same. Oil pan looks to be 12 x 1.25.
Thanks. I emailed Brian but no return email yet. He’s always Johnny on the spot. He’ll get back to me. Thanks for all the help!

Finally got mine installed, top notch product

20230721_085036.jpg

I don’t mean to keep this thread going in an off-topic direction, but I have to chime in. I installed the Jowett supplied ez-oil drain brand on my 200, and I really like it. Like the valvomax, it has a threaded drain hose fitting so it wont fall off while draining.

I installed Fumoto brand drain valves on my Ram Trx and used them to change the oil earlier this week for the first time. Not sure if it was user error or what, but the snap on drain hose fitting snapped right off shortly after I threw the lever to start draining. Was my messiest oil change yet! I had to throw my shirt away and use three large bath towels to soak up all the oil on the barn floor.

So…I am skeptical of the well regarded Fumoto brand now…and I now appreciate the brands using screw-on fittings!

@turbo8

These look outstanding! Still taking pre-orders or have I missed the window?

More importantly...will you ship to Canada? Alberta T6J-4E7

On that note, what are your concerns with corrosion between the SS and Alu in heavily salted road conditions?

Thanks!

Got the email notification for the tracking for the updated front skid. It was in my junk email folder so make sure you guys check there if you preordered.

@turbo8

These look outstanding! Still taking pre-orders or have I missed the window?

More importantly...will you ship to Canada? Alberta T6J-4E7

On that note, what are your concerns with corrosion between the SS and Alu in heavily salted road conditions?

Thanks!
Yes, pre-orders are still open.

I haven't shipped out of the country yet, but willing to. I'll have to look into the details.
I know another member from Canada had some parts shipped to the Montana Shipping Outlet . I'm not sure what they did after that.

I've had lots of similar parts go through MIL-STD-810G which includes the salt fog test. Never any issue with corrosion on the stainless fasteners in aluminum with key locking inserts.

There are zinc coated rivet nuts in the sheet metal which have passed the salt fog test, but with some corrosion on them. The screws were still easily removed.
If you do run into a rusted screw situation, the rivet nuts have a hex body so they will not spin, the screw will break instead. Then you can replace the rivet nut which is pretty easy to do.

I usually include extra rivet nuts, key locking inserts and the smaller screws. I can include more by request, if you live in a salty area.

Thanks!

Got the email notification for the tracking for the updated front skid. It was in my junk email folder so make sure you guys check there if you preordered.
All the front skids have been boxed up and ready to ship, waiting on UPS to pick them up.
Everyone should have received their tracking number via email.

Got the updated front skid in the mail. Will try to get it on tonight when it's not so hot!

PXL_20230725_174247550.jpg

Got a chance to install the updated front skid. Fits perfectly with my Dissent front bumper! Thank you @turbo8 for the awesome customer service!

PXL_20230728_023122525.jpg

PXL_20230728_023139192.jpg

New on top. Old on bottom.
PXL_20230728_021938535.jpg

Original front skid with Dissent front bumper.
PXL_20230728_021402087.jpg

Got a chance to install the updated front skid. Fits perfectly with my Dissent front bumper! Thank you @turbo8 for the awesome customer service!

View attachment 3385282

View attachment 3385283

New on top. Old on bottom.
View attachment 3385285

Original front skid with Dissent front bumper.
View attachment 3385286
Great, it was obviously planned to fit with their bumper. Haha

If you want to make a transition plate to the bumper, use the PSCG (Power Steering Cooler Guard) as a template for my end.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom