Durabak vs Al's liner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bringing this back. I am debating between Al's , UPOL Raptor, and Second skin to do the inside of my truck. Anyone have anything else to add? How thick can you get these DIY spray on's? As think as line-x or other "professional" spray ons? I am going for maximum sound deadening and rest prevention mostly. I will be installing a carpet over the liner.

I did my interior with a gallon of Duraback and put the carpet back over it. I can't say on the UPOL or Al's, but duraback you can definately go as thick as any 'professional' spray on, or you can go thin enough to just barely coat - all in how thick you put it down and how many coats. For thick, I've found the roller works better, for light texture and getting all the wheel well crevises, spray is nice.

To the OP - the problem with the which is better is not many people have used both. So, I can comment on Durabak which I've used inside the 80, outside twice on the 80 and a whole 40 series body. I like it well enough to keep going back to it. I hear great things about AL's, but I have experience with this and know what to expect.

Personally I have narrowed it down to UPOL raptor or Al's. I saw the monstaliner sprayed on and I didnt like the texture.

If you go with Al's, you are welcome to borrow my hopper to spray it.

Derrick

What size compressor are you guys using to spray? I heard if its too small it wont spray right.

I don't know about the al's gun, but the Durabak one is basically a siphon sand blaster - it looks like the same casting just w/o the ceramic core. So, that' pretty much wide open on the air supply. I would guess Al's is pretty simular air flow wise to move alot of heavy material. I did mine with a 33 gallon 2hp craftsman.... that later blew up while walnut blasting. I'd figure on about the same air usage as a sand blaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom