Dual battery systems; making sense of the options

Got mine from Slee.........
Suddenly those arent desirable at all. $100 cad for some terminals and adaptors...will stick to bolting my eyelets directly to the terminal. 6 of 1 half dozen of the other..... either american wages are better or the canadian dollar is terrible :rofl:

RobW0

SILVER Star
Suddenly those arent desirable at all. $100 cad for some terminals and adaptors...will stick to bolting my eyelets directly to the terminal. 6 of 1 half dozen of the other..... either american wages are better or the canadian dollar is terrible :rofl:
As others have said, they are from Slee. They are not cheap at $49 us. The mil spec terminals are easy to find cheap other places. I have not been able to find the extensions anywhere else.

Ideally with electrical install locations, you want it as clean, dry and cool as possible. The BCDC also wants to be mounted as close as possible to the auxiliary battery in order to reduce or eliminate voltage drop. in my testing and experimenting, I have mounted the BCDC in an 80 in 4 different locations with no charging issues. My personal one is behind the PS headlight and it stays very cool there. Others near and around the aux battery or the starting battery. Taking temps throughout the engine bay, I’ve found the hottest place to mount would be high up, closer to the firewall. I’m sure a bracket can be made to mount it in front of the radiator, but I’d prefer, at least on an FZJ80, not to block airflow thru the radiator. I wouldn’t be afraid to mount the BCDC 10’ away from the aux battery either. With the 25amp unit, I run 8awg, but if you have longer runs, Redarc suggests a 6awg cable.
I have a 200 series and there looks like there is a lot of room to mount this thing... to minimize wiring I think i will put a blue sea fuse box in the rear of the truck and wiring everything up to it...

Top Bottom