Dual Battery Installation For Fridge And Auxiliary Power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

battery in back. is there any issue with overheating the redarc or needing additional cooling if placed in the back? I "should" have space for it back there.
Keep in mind that the Redarc is connected to both the starter battery and the aux battery. If the Redarc is in the back with the aux battery, you will still have a long run to the engine bay with associated voltage drop.

Keep in mind that the Redarc is connected to both the starter battery and the aux battery. If the Redarc is in the back with the aux battery, you will still have a long run to the engine bay with associated voltage drop.

True, but the source battery location is not as critical as long as the voltage drop is kept under 3% at full load. For the Redarc 1240D, under 3% probably means 2ga but you may be able to get away with 4ga.

True, but the source battery location is not as critical as long as the voltage drop is kept under 3% at full load. For the Redarc 1240D, under 3% probably means 2ga but you may be able to get away with 4ga.
I ran 6 gauge as that's what's indicated in the Redarc manual for the distance involved. No issues that I'm aware of...

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 1.57.21 PM.png

Is that for one-way or round trip length? Those recommendations seem ok if that is round trip length. Not so much for one-way.

Even if you can take the most direct path from the engine to the cargo area, I would imagine it would be more than 30 ft round trip, depending on where you mounted the charger of course.

Is that for one-way or round trip length? Those recommendations seem ok if that is round trip length. Not so much for one-way.

Even if you can take the most direct path from the engine to the cargo area, I would imagine it would be more than 30 ft round trip, depending on where you mounted the charger of course.
The chart indicates that it's the length of run for each connection on the BCDC; vehicle input, solar input, ground, and battery output. From directly behind the rear seat where my aux battery is located, to just rearward of the engine bay fusebox is less than 14'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom