Battery….. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wouldn't say that Truestart is made by Interstate, rather the company that manufactures Truestart also manufactures Interstate and likely a bunch of other well-known brands. Clarios who purchased Johnson Controls also manufactures Optima for example.
I got the battery from the parts counter. There was no mention of me installing the battery voiding the warranty but that would also be ridiculous if it were the case. I just kept the receipt plus they asked for my info and pulled me up in the system as I have purchased many parts from them before. I would imagine that all that is saved in the system for them to pull it up in the future. Just guessing though.

Thought I'd throw this out...
I just replaced my Toyota TruStart with a Deka 727FMF.
It's been great so far.

However, this brand came up as the ultimate battery replacement even in place of a flooded lead acid (FLA) while talking to a vendor about an electrical mod I'm making on my LC:
LITHIUM BATTERIES, MICRO-STARTS - https://antigravitybatteries.com/

This would be a drop in replacement for a 200 series LC according to the Antigravity website:
Group-27 Lithium Car Battery - https://antigravitybatteries.com/products/starter-batteries/automotive/ag-27-rs/

I like the idea of a lithium for a starter battery and I'd probably try one if I hadn't just replaced my battery with the Deka.
I'm not sure about charging voltages on the lithium but the folks I talked to said they're designed to work fine in stock LC's that had stock FLA batteries. So maybe they have some kind of built in charging management. Dunno.

The interstate battery from Costco. Less than 3 years old. Has started leaking. Will replace with another one from Costco. Will clean terminals.

IMG_4739.jpeg

Don't forget to clean your battery tray. Acid kills ;)

I plug my batteries (200 and motorcycle) into a battery tender every day. Keeping the battery charged greatly extends its life. I get 5-7 years out of my motorcycle batteries and that is with it sitting from Dec-Apr. I never used to charge my charge batteries but started about 4 years ago when I got my LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom