Drop Down Fridge Slide (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd love a version that was 70 pounds lighter and the drop was weight resistance adjustable. Also a slide in and lock docking that would remove the two side pieces when of if not installed. also the cutting board to be widest possible, more towards the front edge with a loop handle.

Shane

duggy,

I wish I could sell them for the $550. At the time of that quote, I had no idea of what was involved in the cost of manufacturing. Like most people, I did not consider the cost of material, parts, tooling, insurance, labor, storage, product boxing, lawyers and the list goes on and on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, all those items are my problem as they are for anybody who manufactures and sells to the public. I just did not know it at the beginning!

I like that my original LoadSpotter slide has expanded to include a full series of flat slides, tie down straps, camp tables and now lantern hangers; all overbuilt! It has been a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what the future holds. A lot of MUD members have been there to help me along and I'm grateful.

I looked on Sleeoffroad.com and did not see the MSA 4x4 version. He might not be selling it any more.

Roger that! I understand these things can get costly.

NerdStar,

What exactly are you trying to say?

There are currently three companies making "drop down" style fridge slides on the market on two different continents. Each has a patent for their version of the "drop down" slide. Each is different from the other. Each had to "invent" their version.

Innovation and competition at its best.

I may have missed something. If you saw it in a magazine how did you "Invent" it?

Innovation generally refers to renewing, changing or creating more effective processes, products or ways of doing things. (http://www.business.gov.au/BusinessTopics/Innovation/Pages/Whatisinnovation.aspx)

Is the definition of "innovation" different in Austrailia? I perceive your comments as innovation cannot be claimed once a pioneered idea has been formed, am I correct? Would you say that no innovation has occurred in aviation since the airplane was invented in the early 1900s?

I don't think anywhere has the Tembo Tusk owner asserted he invented the idea of the "drop slide." Congratulations on your patent. People like you that have the follow through with ideas and plans make innovations/improvements happen.

1967 TLC,

I wasn't trying to be a PITA. Just the image you posted up said "inventor", which isn't strictly true. You saw one and changed the way it swings and locks. That is what I consider a innovation.

However you manufacture a very useful product and have created jobs for people. For that you can be commended.

Nice drop down

nerdstar,

Don't sweat it.

However, I still think I'm an inventor. An inventor is a person who is credited with a patent for a product. An innovator connects people, places, ideas and things in a new way.

Getting a patent for a product is not that dissimilar to getting a colonoscopy. Very few stones are left unturned before a patent is issued. In other words, you need to invent something new to get a patent.

In regards to the "drop down" slides on the market now: the idea of getting an object from one level to another is very old. The mechanics & engineering are very different in each case and that is what is invented, not the idea of the drop down.

When are more drop down slides going to be in stock? According to the website they're currently out of stock.

I really appreciate the refrig slid & drop you built. Do you have plans for this you can share or sell?

Unfortunately the plans are not publishable. They are not in a drawing format and my patent attorney would string me up!!!

Unfortunately the plans are not publishable. They are not in a drawing format and my patent attorney would string me up!!!

Is this product available? I can't see it listed on your site. Nice work going through the patent process. That's an enormous undertaking and a big $$ investment. @TemboTusk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom