Drop Down Fridge Slide (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jerry,

great job. Platinum, bad boy!!! Patents are fun stuff, austrailian patents don't hold a lick of weight here, now if they have filed for a US patent, then there is somethng to consider. They could have patented lowering a fridge from one height to another and that is the essence of the patent. Jerry, you have published your work here, make sure that the images stay accessible on this site, that proves that you had this idea here in the states and gives you some shelter.

Allow me to state: I AM NOT A PATENT EXPERT, but i have worked with patent crooks in the past and now i work for a giant corporate monster that likes to patent my ideas (if they were patentable, hahaha)

Jerry, I love you, enthusiasm and your laid back, respectful approach. As a designer who has worked for "inventors" aka. innovators without a lot of money, there are local groups that support people with your grit and gumption and offer free info and peer support.

Keep kickin' A$$ at a cool and probably better made product than the grumpy passive aggressive assie!

Sincerely,

Jeremy

Ps. mind if i copy your design? :flipoff2:

What a great post! Thanks!

Your right, I had a consult with a patent attorney not long ago and he said the same thing. In all my searching I have found they only have an Australian patent. My slide is sufficiently different and hopefully the patent office feels the same way!

Interesting what you say about local support groups. It had never crossed my mind. I’ll look into them. I’m working on my patent paperwork now and any advice is helpful.

There is enough information in this tread to build your own slide. My goal is to make my slide available to those who may not have the facilities or time to build their own. And besides, working on off-road gear is a lot more fun than my real job! Not to mention talking to all the hardware reps makes my inner engineer happy. I've never seen so many cool catalogs!

Dear Sir

I remember our discussion on email regarding freight to the US for our innovative new product the Drop Slide by Platinum Premium Products.

We will very soon be selling this item through a US Distributor.

I would like to remind you that this product is going through the Patent process for Worldwide Coverage.

You will be receiving an initial letter of notice from our Patent Attorney shortly outlining the implications of Patent Infringements.

I understand your frustration having been unable to justify the cost of freight to the US but this is about to change very soon.

As you seem like a very helpful guy who just wants to let people know about our fantastic product, it might be a better idea to list our email address of sales@platinumgear.com.au or our website Fridge Slide so that we might pass on information of availability as it comes to hand.

Please feel free to contact us at any time for more information.

Cheers ;)

What an a******^^
There are so many other ways you could have handled this, but you chose to be a condescending dick on a widely read public forum. Your post speaks volumes about your company.
Nice work mate, Platinumgear just lost many sales of your product to 1967 TLC.
The interwebs has a long memory.

I don't think Platinumgear is too worried. Their last activity on the forum was the day they posted.

Thanks for the support SunRader4by.

That being said, Platinum Gear said what they needed to say and they have not said anything further. I hold no ill feelings toward them and if they do start shipping to the U.S., that's fine. Nothing wrong with competition.

Sounds like Engel is going to be distributing the Platinumgear slide very shortly. It will be interesting to see what the pricing comes in at.

the price seems fair considering all the hardware involved. I am looking forward to seeing this dds in action.

I plan on selling the slide for $550 plus shipping. The shipping weight is approximately 80 pounds from zip code 92805. Lead time on the first few slides will be about 30 days.

Anybody purchasing the slide right now will be getting a handmade one off slide. That is a very expensive way to produce a slide. I'm working with a local tool and die shop to turn the prototype slide into a production model. I’m hoping with streamlined production the cost of parts and labor will go down, as will the price of the slide. Patients will be rewarded!!

This slide is currently designed around the Engel 35/45 metal fridge.

Cant wait to check this out at the Overland Expo. We'll be there with our Trasharoo's as well.

I saw your Trasharoo bags everywhere!! Good Job! Attached are a few pictures of the show and my "booth". Had a great time, lots of fun and met a lot of Mudders! I want to thank Hawkeye for supplying the beautiful drawer system under my slide.
a1.jpg
a2.jpg
03.jpg

Is the table part of the slide or is an add on?

Is the table part of the slide or is an add on?

Yes it is an add on. The cutting board is a bolt on locking slide under the levitating fridge slide. The cutting board is useful for loading and unloading the fridge or even for using as a makeshift dinner table. Click on the link in my signature for a closer look. I designed it to be used both in the stored position and in the deployed position. Nice if you don’t have a tailgate.
07.jpg

Last edited:
That's great. You've done a top job

TLC,

We too were at the Expo, we met briefly, I was with my wife an our two boys. But because the boys were starting to get really tired and very hot we needed to keep it very short, not sure if you remember us maybe that might help, either way, no biggy. We happen to hit your booth as we were heading out to the campground getting them into the pool. Regardless, I as I mentioned then, I've been fallowing this thread from the beginning and was really interested in asking some questions, etc. (maybe next time) but such is life with kids, lol...

We are building a glorified Sportsmobile using products that are a little more up to date, no offense to other SMB owners, but we would like to ask you a few things about your side, possibly see if we could make it work for our application. I would again like to say, Great Job and really Nice Work!!! More impressive in person, so please, let me know if you maybe interested in what we are trying to accomplish..

Cheers,
Jamie
"Advrider"

TLC,

We too were at the Expo, we met briefly, I was with my wife an our two boys. But because the boys were starting to get really tired and very hot we needed to keep it very short, not sure if you remember us maybe that might help, either way, no biggy. We happen to hit your booth as we were heading out to the campground getting them into the pool. Regardless, I as I mentioned then, I've been fallowing this thread from the beginning and was really interested in asking some questions, etc. (maybe next time) but such is life with kids, lol...

We are building a glorified Sportsmobile using products that are a little more up to date, no offense to other SMB owners, but we would like to ask you a few things about your side, possibly see if we could make it work for our application. I would again like to say, Great Job and really Nice Work!!! More impressive in person, so please, let me know if you maybe interested in what we are trying to accomplish..

Cheers,
Jamie
"Advrider"

Jamie,

Thanks for the thoughtful comments and Yes, I do remember you, your wife and the boys. I thought they were very good considering all the walking they had to do in the heat! I have a 12 going on 13 year old, so I know what you mean when they start getting tired.

I would love to know more about how you want to use the slide and see what can be done to adapt it to your application. Send me a PM and we can discuss specific space constraints etc. Can’t wait to see some pictures of your buildup!

Jerry

I was just reading an article in an Overland News email about a product that looked familiar. Congratulations on turning your idea into a real product! :cheers:

Overland News said:
... And TemboTusk (another elephant logo), maker of the innovative levitating fridge slide that debuted at Overland Expo.2010, is working on a new, improved version of the LoadSpotter this summer.
Designer / owner Jerry L'Ecuyer tells the story of how this ingenious made-in-the-U.S. product came to be: "My son and I have been going on off-road and expedition trips since he was four years old. We started with an FJ-40, hauling an old tent and an ice chest." Read how the 40 became a 60, with fridge and drawer system . . . and how chocolate led to the LoadSpotter . . .

Overland Expo - News - Industry spotlight: taming a load for chocolate

I was just reading an article in an Overland News email about a product that looked familiar. Congratulations on turning your idea into a real product! :cheers:

Hey NorCal, Thanks!!

It has been quite an experience!

I've shipped slides to Texas, Kansas, California and Washington. I'm now in production with my second generation LoadSpotter slide. The new slide is designed to fit the larger fridges like the EdgeStar, National Luna and the new plastic fridges from Engel & ARB.

Ooooo...shiny!

That is some damn fine work there! I've been contemplating buying the standard ARB fridge slide, but your nifty product is on top of my list now.

Any issues with shipping above the 49th parallel?

Thank you!!

I'm not sure yet what issue might be involved with shipping to Canada. According to the Fedex website, no problem going ground, but I have also heard the opposite. I will double check with Fedex & UPS on Monday.

Jerry, im so glad to see this taking off so well for you. You are just like us.. starting something that folks have thought of but never really took all the way. It's great.

I never had a chance to stop by your booth at the Expo because well im sure you know we were all so busy. Heck i never had a chance to see the show hardly!

Anyways, i was wondering what you guys have done with the cord routing in the back of the slide? We have a African Outback slide in our 80 series drawer system and i sometime shave to hold the cable from getting caught in the slide. Any details on this?

Wow.

That is pretty damn slick. I loved the video. Great job on making something that works for getting stuff out of our fridge in a taller truck. Soon as I can get some drawers, I will be getting one of these to go along with it.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom