Driveshaft/T-case noise/vibration/growl (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am in the exact same boat. Tatton new front DC shaft and new rear OEM shaft. TC bearings all new. Still have a growl at "slack" throttle over 45mph. I have Trail Tailor control arms (all 4) sitting in the back waiting to go in once Dobinsons springs finally get in stock. I will set the pinion angle in the rear and have everything checked off of the list. My 80 is lifted 2.5" at the moment and I believe 300+k miles has my rear control arm bushings worn to the point of the rear diff shifting all over the place. Verified no abnormal slop in front or rear axle and fluid all looks good. Also upgrading my birfs as they clicked last winter when full lock. Fingers crossed this issue will be put behind me soon!
Reply to my issues with “Slack throttle” i installed a dobinsons 3.5” VT springs and adjustable rear control arms top and bottom. Still had the growl until I measure the rear pinion angle and adjusted to correct the driveshaft angle. Now no more growl.

Reply to my issues with “Slack throttle” i installed a dobinsons 3.5” VT springs and adjustable rear control arms top and bottom. Still had the growl until I measure the rear pinion angle and adjusted to correct the driveshaft angle. Now no more growl.
Glad you solved it. I think (hope) this final tweak will solve for the OP as well.

I’m curious and maybe this info will help others in future: what is your final actual lift height?
And what is the front and rear pinion angle ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom