Drivers Switch Panel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to replace my drivers side switch panel. The switches are fine just want the trim plate around them replaced. I have looked everywhere for them with no luck. The SOR diagram doesn’t depict it either. Anyone have a part number on these or know what the plate is called?
09BEB434-193F-4663-BABE-C408E1218834.jpeg

The switch surround is not available as an individual part from Toyota. The instrument panel would need to be replaced, but that is also NLA.
Part number 55413-60020-E0 would be the OEM oak color.
Your best choice would be a used part or remove it and refinish it yourself.

I don't sell that separate from the dash

What are you all refinishing the plastic trim with? I’m concerned that spraying it will peel over time and I am back to where I was. I pulled my trim overlay off and this is what I ended up with.

There are a lot of good paints for plastics.
sand it and clean it use an adhesion promoter and two-three top coats it should look great and hold up well. If you search/google look on YouTube there are a ton of good step by step videos on restoring automotive plastics and interiors.

I bet if you just cleaned it and used a very fine abrasive or a polishing compound it would clean up fine without needing to paint it.

Consider using cabinet quality veneer and applying it to the plastic, trimming with an exacto knife.

Used this combination of SEM rattle can paints and it turned out great. Also used it around the ac control trim after removing the fake wood.

Screenshot_20200217-090959_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Use the SEM products listed above, I've used them many times on car restorations. I've even used their products to do complete color changes of interior plastic and soft vinyl parts on classic cars. Just make sure you follow the directions and make sure that you use their primer BEFORE you try to paint any interior trim parts. If you don't use their primer, the paint won't stick very well. If used correctly the finished product looks great and it wears well too.

That looks like you still have adhesive on the trim piece from the delightful wood grain stuff that came on it.

I used WD40 on a cotton T-Shirt rag to wipe the pieces to remove the residue from the plastic. Then I used baby wipes to remove the WD40 residue. Nice black and "shiny" when I was done. Make sure to not have so much on the rag that it drips everywhere and works its way into the electrical parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom