Driver's side mirror wobble (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

afa

Threads
Any one got a fix for a wobbly driver's side rear mirror? I believe the 80series has a way to fix it without having to buy a replacement. Is there a fix for the 100 series?

Is it just the glass that vibrates on the road or the whole mirror?

My glass shakes on the road, very annoying, but I haven't done anything about it yet.

Is it just the glass that vibrates on the road or the whole mirror?

My glass shakes on the road, very annoying, but I haven't done anything about it yet.

The glass shakes but I'm not sure if there's a quick fix for that instead of having to buy the whole thing. I think new they are about $200 but saw two videos showing a quick fix but I'm not sure it'll work on the 100 series.

I did this for my 1997 LX450 and it worked great. Now the mirror housing only moves if I move it.

To fix the floppy mirror itself I recreated the broken plastic with epoxy, then drilled the keyhole I needed back into it.

Now I have another mirror I need to fix and I'm going to try this product from SLEE

There are 3 Phillips bolts at the hinge. Those come loose and can be retighten. MAKE SURE you use one of these right angle screw driver with good force to turn the bolt. The bolts are thread-locked so try loosening it a bit before trying to tight it. The bolt head can get easily stripped if you don't press the Phillips bit tight into the bolt.

If just mirror/glass is shaking, you can pop the mirror out to inspect the mechanism by FIRST taking the Phillips bolt inserted through the hole located at the bottom of the mirror housing. See the thread below:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom